Holley HP DP and Holley DP - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 20:00   #1 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Holley HP DP and Holley DP

Can anyone tell me the difference between the HP Range and the normal range of double pumper Holleys. I've got an old looking rebuilt 750dp on the clevo at the moment but a mate is selling a used once at the track 750 HP dp holley which i can probably pick up cheap. I was going to purchase a new carb soon anyway and was looking at a mighty demon however i'm read in other threads that the HP's are better. Also what kind of price will u be looking at for a 750HP new. Thanks all.
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2005, 20:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Holley HP DP and Holley DP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFFAIRMONT
Can anyone tell me the difference between the HP Range and the normal range of double pumper Holleys. I've got an old looking rebuilt 750dp on the clevo at the moment but a mate is selling a used once at the track 750 HP dp holley which i can probably pick up cheap. I was going to purchase a new carb soon anyway and was looking at a mighty demon however i'm read in other threads that the HP's are better. Also what kind of price will u be looking at for a 750HP new. Thanks all.
You just use your old 750 and i will buy your mates HP cheap
Go the HP. I think new they are approx $1400???
Old 04-25-2005, 22:08   #3 (permalink)
Cleveland Addict

I would definetaly go with the Holley HP. They have the adjustable fuel/air jets, better metering circuit, and are less restrictive since the choke is gone, thus giving it a better entry. I'm not sure what they are worth over in Australia, but a used one in the US will cost at least $275-300 and a new one will be in the $600 range. I would snatch that carb up before someone else does as long as the price is reasonable.
1982 F100 2wd-408c CHI 3V 225cc Heads, 3v Intake, Pro Systems 1000+HP carb, 260/266@0.050 w/ 0.694/0.697" lift solid roller, JPT Rollerized c6 and 5000 rpm converter, 4.86 gears and S&W Ladder Bar kit with QA1's all the way around.
7.976@89.90 mph 1/8 mile with lots of bounce - with old engine and suspension(should be greatly improved)
1982 F100 408c 3v
F100cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 22:50   #4 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFFAIRMONT
They are an excellent competition style carb that offers more "tunability" over the conventional DP carb.
They allow you to find that extra few HP on well worked motors for racing applications but in street driven mild to moderate motors id say you'd see very little improvement over the std DP. I think they retail for about $1150 here.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:12   #5 (permalink)

Go the HP.

Other features are:
4 corner idle
Non stick (re-useable) gaskits (blue), and nylon bowl screw gaskits/washers
Notched floats and fuel extensions (good for hard launching)
Power valve blow out protection
Special dichromate & polish finish for smoother flow

They are US$629 new. I got mice off ebay motors as new - only had a few dyno runs on it for US$425. You're probably looking at AU$600'ish landed in Oz. Or you can get ripped and pay $1300+ here.............geee, let me think?

example (there's always heaps there):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

For info, the 750DP part # is: 80528-1. The last digit "1" varies from 1 to 3. It designates 1st, 2nd, 3rd edition, with slight improvements on each. Mine says "2", but not sure of specific differences. Email the Holley hotline for info.
Old 04-26-2005, 15:59   #6 (permalink)
XFFAIRMONT

Thanks for the info fellas
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech