Ford Forums banner

holley manifold?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  xrglen 
#1 ·
anyone know what the old holley 2v street dominator manifolds are like?
iv seen one on a 10 sec XE in QLD but what do i compare one to?
others in the usa say they were a economy single plane manifold, but just cant work that one out.
anyone running one???

#2 ·
They're supposed to be OK. The 4V Strip Dominator is the bigger brother.

They're hard to get in Australia having not been made for some time now. Occasionally found in trading posts and on US ebay motors......not that I'd buy one.

I guess you'd compare one to the Weiand Xcelerator.....todays good all-rounder.

#3 ·
i have a mate who just built a 351, it is pretty mild, he used a holley dominator manifold single plane, he came to me to borrow a factory square bore manifold saying that the holley was no good for his engine and it had no grunt with the holley, i told him it wont run any better with the factory manifold but he tried it anyway, the next day he rang me telling me it absolutly screams with the factory manifold i could`nt beleive it, he went out and baught an edelbrock and it went even better,, glad i did`nt buy the manifold off him

#6 ·
351AFD said:
The holley strip dominator manifold is still the best manifold made today.
Than TFC,Parker,Active,CHI or the new AFD ones! I doubt its the best but thats not saying its not a great manifold but i stand to be corrected if im wrong but I dont think its made today. :priest:

A manifold doesnt get the reputation like the strip dommy has for being weak but R&D over 20+ years will yeild a better product! :hy:

#11 ·
When I was looking I was quoted either $725 or $755 for the TFC. Given it was quite awhile ago (I still had 2V heads). I know the CHI is $700 without heads and $600 with.

Not sure what the funnel web is worth but I'd imagine it's in a similar price bracket.

[edit]just checked the funnel web $450USD, $610AUD

#14 ·
351AFD said:
The holley strip dominator manifold is still the best manifold made today.
I wish it was, but mine will be replaced by a TFC or Funnelweb one day, there is a big debate on this on the Aussie site in cleveland tech, but it is the best thing to fit under bonnet of an XA i reckon.
BTW i believe the Strip Dominator works best with a cam of at least 700 thou lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.