Holley Strip DOminator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
YOUNGWRENCH

Holley Strip DOminator

Can anyone tell me about the Holley Strip Dominator? Whats your opinions?
428CYCLONECJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2007, 19:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: Holley Strip DOminator

Well, I'm no expert on intakes. As far as I know they dont make the Holley Strip Dominator for a BBF. I think most of the guys that run that style intake run an Edelbrock Victor series. This style intake is for high rpm horsepower. Power range starts around 3000 rpm. Wouldnt be a great intake for the street. Its more for all out racing. Depending on what your doing with your engine you might consider a Weiand Stealth. Its a good dual plane intake with power throughout the rpm range.
Sand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 00:21   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CYCLONECJ
Can anyone tell me about the Holley Strip Dominator? Whats your opinions?
The Strip Dominator is a rare manifold on the second hand market these days, that's if you're looking for Cleveland stuff.

Not a bad performer from 3500 to 7500RPM. It's an Air Gap style, not as wild as the Funnel web or TFC. The De Tomaso boys in the States love them. I've seen Cleveland's on the dyno go over 500 HP with the SD manifold. Obviously had more done to the engine than just the manifold though

These manifolds are still pulling 750.00 US dollars (one went for 750 on US Ebay last month), but can be had in AUS from 350.00 and up. I recently paid 450 for mine and it was in mint nick. May lose a little low down torque over the Torker, but find more top end HP where I want it.

All the best and good luck.

Troy
XY GT Replica (Track Red), 351 4V, Forged Pistons, Rollers, Crower Solid Cam, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Distributor, Pacemaker 2" primary pipes, Twin Two and a Half inch exhaust, 31 Spline Top Loader, Daikin clutch, 31 Spline 3.5 Nodular 9", HO Brakes, Simmons B45s. No stereo, nothing but the sound of SWEET Cleveland music...ahhhh, the only woofer is the one that's in my yard. $$$
XYHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:24   #4 (permalink)

eBay Motors: BBC Holley Strip dominator Intake 396 427 454 496 540 (item 280099656342 end time Apr-08-07 21:43:23 PDT)
hope that link works 3days left from the states
churdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:25   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by churdude
This is a Big Block CHEV Strip Dominator dude. There's no way this will fit a Cleveland. WTF?

Thanks anyway - I think!
XY GT Replica (Track Red), 351 4V, Forged Pistons, Rollers, Crower Solid Cam, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Distributor, Pacemaker 2" primary pipes, Twin Two and a Half inch exhaust, 31 Spline Top Loader, Daikin clutch, 31 Spline 3.5 Nodular 9", HO Brakes, Simmons B45s. No stereo, nothing but the sound of SWEET Cleveland music...ahhhh, the only woofer is the one that's in my yard. $$$
XYHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 22:50   #6 (permalink)

i've got one for sale.it has had extensive work done to it.bottom of runners are filled.if anyone is genuinely interested contact me for more info and pics but please don't waste my time.this is a good all out manifold for 4v heads and you don't need to cut your bonnet.thanks.

email me at icat@bigpond.net.au
george 351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech