Holy Mother Of God! AFD 4V Heads + TFC - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2005, 03:47   #1 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Holy Mother Of God! AFD 4V Heads + TFC

After a marathon effort, working day and night, I kicked over the engine this morning at 05:00 and ran the cam in, in time for the sydney car festival.

with a lack of sleep over the past week, i went for a drive and all i can say is my eyes lit up, and the tyres for that matter.. :)

This beast of a combo just wants to side step and glide under accelaration... Can't wait to have it dyno tuned

The note from the pacy 4095 merge collector and hookers is absolutely off chops! This thing is off its face! I'm going to have to choke it with an extra two mufflers.... god help thy neighbours

If anyone wants to have a sticky beak, the car is at the CHASA performance products stand at the sydney car festival until tomorrow night....
xrgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2005, 03:50   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Holy Mother Of God! AFD 4V Heads + TFC

I know the feeling. I got mine running again after the over rev @ 2am Tuesday morn last week.

Won't be only the road for while now though. The C4 literally exploded while I was doing 80-90kph and put me into a ditch.

Brenden
Old 01-29-2005, 04:07   #3 (permalink)
ESP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I know the feeling. I got mine running again after the over rev @ 2am Tuesday morn last week.

Won't be only the road for while now though. The C4 literally exploded while I was doing 80-90kph and put me into a ditch.

Brenden
Oh no. Not good news. Only damaged your pride I hope and not the car!
Old 01-29-2005, 04:08   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgt
After a marathon effort, working day and night, I kicked over the engine this morning at 05:00 and ran the cam in, in time for the sydney car festival.

with a lack of sleep over the past week, i went for a drive and all i can say is my eyes lit up, and the tyres for that matter.. :)

This beast of a combo just wants to side step and glide under accelaration... Can't wait to have it dyno tuned

The note from the pacy 4095 merge collector and hookers is absolutely off chops! This thing is off its face! I'm going to have to choke it with an extra two mufflers.... god help thy neighbours

If anyone wants to have a sticky beak, the car is at the CHASA performance products stand at the sydney car festival until tomorrow night....
Good stuff. It will be interesting to see how the 4V's perform. Can you give us another quick run down on your combination. You must have good neighbours, to run in the cam at 5.00am.. lol.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx

Brenden
Unlucky!! Did you have the heavier 4 or 6 gear front planetry? Also, did you end up getting that alloy sump. They really help a lot in strenthening up the case to handle power better.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:18   #6 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
Good stuff. It will be interesting to see how the 4V's perform. Can you give us another quick run down on your combination. You must have good neighbours, to run in the cam at 5.00am.. lol.
The guy that done the pipes offered his workshop in industrial estate to run the cam in... i'd be locked up now if i did it at home :)

351 20thou over
AFD 4V heads
solid cam 260/268 at .5
TFC manifold
Proform race series 750DP
RCI 15gal tank
Mallory 140 pump + return style reg -8 line
toploader
Old 01-29-2005, 04:23   #7 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

I was suprised that the water temp did not go over 195F during the cam run in... although i did block the bypass at the front of the block with a 3/4" freeze plug. Also using the robert shaw 180F thermostat and a 6 blade engine fan.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:54   #8 (permalink)

Wicked. another xr.I can,t wait to finish mine.How about some dyno numbers xrgt? Tell me what are your thoughts on the proform carb? cheers,russ
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:40   #9 (permalink)

260@0.050 solid flat tappet cam, is it streetable?
northiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 15:27   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by northiam
260@0.050 solid flat tappet cam, is it streetable?
Why wouldn't it be?
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech