How often do you drive your cleveland? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: How often do you fire up your cleveland?
You can't get me out of the car 9 19.57%
Daily commuter 11 23.91%
Only when the sun is shining 9 19.57%
Only on a Sunday (racetrack or cruising) 11 23.91%
Car not yet finished 6 13.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 04:22   #1 (permalink)
XW GS Fairmont

How often do you drive your cleveland?

I would be interested to hear from you guys how often you drive your cars with clevelands?

I see lots of posts where everyone talks about how much power their engine makes, and where others ask for hints to extract more power. But where do you guys drive these beasts?

I have an XW fairmont with 351 cleveland (last dyno 231rwkw), toploader, and 3.25 9" LSD. I drive it every day. It is not the most practical car for commuting (ie heavy clutch, lumpy idle, scapes it guts on speedhumps, a fuel gauge that heads south and a temp gauge that heads north while sitting in traffic) but I absolutely love it to death.
shard351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2005, 05:03   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: How often do you drive your cleveland?

I put "you can't get me out of the car". As if it hasn't got an issue. I'm driving it! I went auto with a histall to move away from the lumpy cam @ low rpm in traffic issues. Mine drives as well as my stock EL Falcon. Uses a tad more fuel but sounds a hell of a lot nicer

Brenden
Old 02-08-2005, 05:17   #3 (permalink)

I balance it out with only the occasional drive these days "when the sun is out". As much as I love to drive it, and it is easy to drive on the street, I don't like looking over my shoulder for cops trailing me.

Also I get pre-occupied with thought of theft/vandalism when I park it anywhere.

If I had the same driveline/engine set-up in a more average looking car I would definately drive it everyday as it's a buzz.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:22   #4 (permalink)
Resident Budget Racer

Most days for work, I load it up with tools or tow something heavy.
I put the Cleveland in my van so it could tow anything my 3.5 litre diesel truck does. It does that well and never over heats, it has been a testing time lately! I run around on lpg most of the time, and run petrol at the drags.
It runs 13's at the drags and never over heats!
Is there nothing my van can not do? If it turned into a pizza late at night I think I'd marry it!!

I have to get out more!
Work Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:47   #5 (permalink)

as a 6 cylinder and a six seater i was using my xy wagon as my family hack but now that it is nearly finished after 4 months off the road it will only get driven a couple of times a week.
repaint in original colors bronze wine /white roof
new convo pro's
351 2v c4 4200 stall
from drums to discs all round
etc etc etc etc
AZZA
azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 09:18   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shard351
I have an XW fairmont with 351 cleveland (last dyno 231rwkw), toploader, and 3.25 9" LSD. I drive it every day. It is not the most practical car for commuting (ie heavy clutch, lumpy idle, scapes it guts on speedhumps, a fuel gauge that heads south and a temp gauge that heads north while sitting in traffic) but I absolutely love it to death.
i know extacty what u mean i have and XY with 351 c10 with 3500rpm stall
the engine when it was built by warlord drag engines 8 months ago was bulit so it would have exactly 500rwhp. with 4.11 detort locker this car i thought would be fun as to drive on the street. Yes it is as long as its not in traffic as it get every hot when its siting on the spot not moving i do drive it everyday. I jump in my na fairlane on days that it is wet due to my xy is every hard to in a straight line in the dry yet alone the wet
darkcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 11:09   #7 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

I've only driven my XA three times since I got it, but as soon as I get it running right I'll be driving it every day and I'll sell my peice of shit EA. Can't wait.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:12   #8 (permalink)
Pommey Mustanger

Only when the sun is shining for me, its always piss...isantly raining over here & combine that with all the road salt the Highways dept chuck down at the slightest hint of frost its just not worth it,& thats not to mention the price of fuel also....
Mondeo daily runner takes the brunt of mundane wintertime motoring
mach1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 14:44   #9 (permalink)

568 runs on the strip last year. If I ever go to sell it, I can say "Only driven on Fridays nights or Saturdays in fair weather."
Falcon67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 15:20   #10 (permalink)

The current clevo has been in my coupe for over six months, and I haven't finished running it in.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech