Intake gasket setting time - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-05, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
82XE 351c
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Coast, NSW
Posts: 628
Intake gasket setting time

Hey fellas
am wondering what you all think is a good time to wait until i drive/dyno the motor after changing intakes and gasket.
Using felpro gasket.

reason i ask is I will be heading up north and I want to change to tp intake before i go, also dropping by redcliffe on my way. i will be on a time crunch for the next 3 days+ :(

cheers all
pracy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-05, 04:39 AM
Big Motor Top Loader !!
 
xrgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 284
Re: Intake gasket setting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pracy
Hey fellas
am wondering what you all think is a good time to wait until i drive/dyno the motor after changing intakes and gasket.
Using felpro gasket.

reason i ask is I will be heading up north and I want to change to tp intake before i go, also dropping by redcliffe on my way. i will be on a time crunch for the next 3 days+ :(

cheers all
you don't have to wait... just torque it down and go!
xrgt is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-13-05, 04:50 AM
74 XB Fairmont
 
brenx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cranbourne, Vic
Posts: 5,113
Re: Intake gasket setting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgt
you don't have to wait... just torque it down and go!
as above

XB Fairmont (street car) 11.07@123.02mph.
brenx is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-05, 12:31 AM
Registered User
 
TruBlu351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 2,398
Re: Intake gasket setting time

If I'm using the pure silicon for a valley gaskit I like to leave it 24 hours to set.

But using standard stuff.........as above.

XE Falcon
393 Tremec TKO 9"
TruBlu351 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-05, 12:52 AM
Boost Is for Pussies
 
GammaBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brizvegas
Age: 37
Posts: 835
Re: Intake gasket setting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
If I'm using the pure silicon for a valley gaskit I like to leave it 24 hours to set.

But using standard stuff.........as above.
I've run one with an hour to let the silicon kick off, but the engine was still very warm when I changed the gasket.... no end seals, just a tonne of silicon
GammaBoy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome