Ford Forums banner

Interested in getting these parts.

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  xg94 
#1 ·
Hey fellas.
I've had a valve train prob for a while so i've finally decided to do something about it.

I'm taking the heads off, getting new valves, pushrods, lifters, springs & cam.

I've listed the parts im interested in getting.

Milodon - 2.19" Intake
- 1.71" Exhaust Stainless Steel Valves
Crane - Pushrods (Don't know which, 5/16" or 3/8"?)
- Dual Valve Springs
- Hydraulic-Roller Lifters
Crow Cam - IN.32/68 EX.72/28, Dur@.050" 214 214, Power Range 2000-5000.
-Edelbrock Performer Manifold
-Holley 650DP
-Mild Porting.

What do you think of all this?
Thanks. Trav.

#3 ·
I think that hes just posting absolute grabage, hence spamming. Admins: please give this guy a warning..

#6 ·
Trav 351 said:
Hey fellas.
I've had a valve train prob for a while so i've finally decided to do something about it.

I'm taking the heads off, getting new valves, pushrods, lifters, springs & cam.

I've listed the parts im interested in getting.

Milodon - 2.19" Intake
- 1.71" Exhaust Stainless Steel Valves
Crane - Pushrods (Don't know which, 5/16" or 3/8"?)
- Dual Valve Springs
- Hydraulic-Roller Lifters
Crow Cam - IN.32/68 EX.72/28, Dur@.050" 214 214, Power Range 2000-5000.
-Edelbrock Performer Manifold
-Holley 650DP
-Mild Porting.

What do you think of all this?
Thanks. Trav.
hydraulic roller lifters on a standard cam? You may have a bit of a mismatch here Trav. You,ll need a hydraulic roller cam as well. You might want to check the price on that one mate as you probably won,t get any change from about 700 bucks for the cam alone.You need good ol hydraulic lifters for your piece. The cam you are using is real mild. I would suggest something larger. try the 21665 crow . its one step above what you have picked but works well on the street. I would not recommend 4v valve sizes for this combo.keep em stock in size. You probably wouldn,t need to go for a stainless valve either. Plenty of manufacturers make good quality valves at reasonable prices without resorting to the higher prices of stainless. 5/16 pushrods should be adequate.don,t use stock ones as they will bend with the spring pressure until they soften up a bit.. The rest looks ok for a street setup. maybe a weiand manifold if you want a bit more power .

#7 ·
Thanks russxr67.
I didnt know i needed a roller cam.
Whats the difference between stainless valves & the normal material.
Stainless any more durable?

Another question. Its probably been asked manytimes before.
To run PULP, should i have hardened valve seats? is that it?

Thanks. Trav.

#13 ·
if its not coming apart with all the bolts undone, probably means its somehow binded together and you should be very careful about taking it off. Someone will probably be able to tell you if takin off the heads first would help.

#14 ·
Trav 351 said:
Yep, all 12 of em. I'd say it hasn't been removed in many years.
Will taking the heads off first be any help?
No trav,dont try and take your heads and intake off in one shot.More than likely you,ll end up staining your jocks trying to lift it out in one piece.Make sure ALL of the bolts have been removed even the 1/2 inch ones in the centre of the intake.Insert a screwdriver between the block and under the intake manifold nearest to the distributor and gently lever the intake.It should move with a little prying.If it doesn,t recheck that all bolts are out.They may be a bit hard to remove if someone has used silicone.

#15 ·
Ok russxr67. Ill try prying it with a screwdriver.

Another couple questions.
Whats the cheapest you've seen a Weiland xcellerator recently? and

I've seen in older threads guys have paid around $700 for a porting job.
Would this be for a full on porting job or something pretty mild?

Thanks. Trav.

#16 ·
Trav 351 said:
Ok russxr67. Ill try prying it with a screwdriver.

Another couple questions.
Whats the cheapest they've seen a Weiland xcellerator recently? and

I've seen in older threads guys have paid around $700 for a porting job.
Would this be for a full on porting job or soemthing pretty mild?

Thanks. Trav.
Manifolds can be had for less than 400 bucks now from vpw.$700 should get you a real nice bit of porting done.You may not need to spend that much though.Remember it will cost to have the heads reconditioned as well as inserting new seats in the exhaust. here are some shots of my work. this sort of work can cost 700 +.

#17 ·
russ, i dont know much about porting, but that job looks spank!!! Where abouts are u situated?

#18 ·
XDman said:
russ, i dont know much about porting, but that job looks spank!!! Where abouts are u situated?
In Perth.You might have noticed that i have elected to stay with the standard size valve as well. I,m not sure there is much more you could get out of them to be honest. I was starting to get nervous and was hoping that i didn,t break through into the water jacket.I only broke through on the top half of the intake but this wasn,t bad as it was inside the rocker cover so i welded it up.These heads have a lot of work in them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.