Isky Or Comp - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 06:07   #1 (permalink)

Isky Or Comp

I have been looking at the ISKY265...OR F246crane 2V! Head,s Im thinging are going to need about 550lift?... have Hitech comp cam,s roller,s manley guide,s ARP ect.Been told that CROW make the FPV Cam,s??? any imformation would be wicked.Car head,s are going on at the end of the week.(2V)fully ported
XD_ESP XELR8! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2006, 10:15   #2 (permalink)
Nitrous Junkie

Re: Isky Or Comp

Comp Cams have the most 'up to date' grinds, and probably spend the most on R&D out of the camshaft manufacturers. If you are looking at a solid consider the Comp Cams 294S, I was very happy with it.
Old 08-07-2006, 00:28   #3 (permalink)

I read in your other post that you run open chamber heads. To run the cams you are looking at, you will need more than 8.9 - 9.5 compression that you will have.(unless you have lumpy top pistons).
Any more info on your combination?
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 00:36   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: Isky Or Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I read in your other post that you run open chamber heads. To run the cams you are looking at, you will need more than 8.9 - 9.5 compression that you will have.(unless you have lumpy top pistons).
ACL Flat tops Moly rings 40tho rebore 2V open flowed 490horses 238 at 500lift intake Speed Pro 4v valves isky srings Hi tech Comp rockers 1.73 Guides studs ect. getting the TFC Match ported to intake ..
Old 08-07-2006, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS351XD
Comp Cams have the most 'up to date' grinds, and probably spend the most on R&D out of the camshaft manufacturers. If you are looking at a solid consider the Comp Cams 294S, I was very happy with it.
Thanks for that mate I,m looking at the Comp294S or 294B..
Old 08-08-2006, 06:39   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I would listen to what xdclevo has to offer here. Alarger cam will bleed off more comp than your current offering and the effect will be your dynamic compression will suffer. You really should step up to a set of closed chamber heads for cams in the 240/250 range. matching your comp ratio and camshaft are critical when building a performance engine. Sure ,it can be done with your current heads but you will never realise its full potential.
If you decide on upgrading,DON,T fit 4v valves into your 2v heads. Thats another story.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:03   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67
I would listen to what xdclevo has to offer here. Alarger cam will bleed off more comp than your current offering and the effect will be your dynamic compression will suffer. You really should step up to a set of closed chamber heads for cams in the 240/250 range. matching your comp ratio and camshaft are critical when building a performance engine. Sure ,it can be done with your current heads but you will never realise its full potential.
If you decide on upgrading,DON,T fit 4v valves into your 2v heads. Thats another story.
yeah thanks for you imput mate cheers I allreaddy have the Open2Vss that have been fully ported have rocker,s guides studs allreaddy for the head,s so Its these one i,m useing 100% even if i dont like it ...They have been done well flow 238 intake (at 550 lift) 200+exhaust and you say 4V valves dont fit them?? the heads I have Had lots of diffent sizes used and the 2.19 1.79 was the highest Flow for the head,s.. and yeah the best flow from 100 200 300 400 500 <can you fell me in on what you think thanks mate. XELR8
Old 08-09-2006, 02:58   #8 (permalink)

4V valves will certainly fit but it has been proven that the 2v sized valve works best on the intake side due to a number of things.
Whilst the flow chart may show the larger valve flows more it is not really indicative of what is happening on a running engine.
Two things that should be taken into consideration are the fact that the 4v valve size is too large for the 2v size port and secondly the short side radius cannot be blended properly with a valve that size.You will end up in water to do it correctly.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 15:24   #9 (permalink)

Crow cams make the cams for FPV have done since au11 xr8 .Why would you buy a US brand cam why not support a local product .Sure Comp cams would spend the most on R&D look at the market they have in the US , but
percentage wise they would spent around the same.
ALKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:50   #10 (permalink)

Thats why lm going to pull mine out of my T3 and fit a Ford Mororsports cam (E-303 , similar spec but more Tq and HP )
Mr FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech