J-YH Stainless Manley valves. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 01:43   #1 (permalink)

J-YH Stainless Manley valves.

Has anyone heard of this sort of stainless Manley valve. I just hope they're not a cheap and nasty chinese rip off. When i ordered my AFD alloy heads, Dave said that he used Ferrera only for performance reasons over Manley. When i got them, they had Manley J-YH brand. While it's all apart, i am checking any suss areas before building the motor next weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 02:25   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: J-YH Stainless Manley valves.

Nothing wrong with a Manley valve. As long as it's one piece valve your in business. A few placed have shy'd away from manley because when you run high open pressures (450+) they've been known to shear the head off the valve. With the pressures your running you won't have an issue. Run too mcuh pressure and it can happen to any valve though.

They're plenty of good hp clevo's running manley valves

Brenden

Brenden
Old 09-15-2004, 02:48   #3 (permalink)

In my 2v set up i had manley pro-flo valves i got back in 1999 and i knew they were good. I have tried to find these J-YH version of manley valves and have had no luck. The pro-flow valves still look like new on the tips after 20000km, but after 300 km the manley valves look like they have done more work. I did only run a hydraulic cam with other and a slighty loose clearance solid in this one. Could that be the cause.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:18   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Solids batter the valvetrain more due to the faster ramp rate. Valve bounce will also do it if the springs are too light. I think my springs have lost tension from sitting around for almost 2 years and only being started once every 6 months.

Brenden
Old 09-15-2004, 03:34   #5 (permalink)

I am putting it down to excessive valve lash with the solid and also the cam failure. I measured my Isky springs and they are 145 pound closed and 390 pound open. Probably a bit too heavy, but no really to be a concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech