Ladder bars on xd - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 06:27   #1 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Ladder bars on xd

Hey guys

I just wanted to find out wether any of you had or knew of people with ladder bars on an xr-xd/xe falcon were you still retain the leaf springs and if so had they been able to keep the original shock mount points?? I just went to get my 4 point roll cage and ladder bar fitted, cage went in with no dramas but he reckoned there was no way he could fit the ladder bar kit to it without doing some major modifications?? in looking at the rear end the shocks do intersect were he had said the ladder bars should go but the kit was suppose to be universal kit for leaf sprung suspensioned cars.

any help/ideas or suggestions of other options i could take to gain better traction.
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2005, 06:33   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Ladder bars on xd

Wouldn't Caltracs be a cheaper option and do the same job?

[edit] As written above, 90/10's in the front, 6cyl front springs, 30/70's in the rear, only 4 leaf springs (6cyl), caltracs, mini tubs if necessary and 10.5"+ rear slick

[edit] no 2 : Don't plan on seeing the track for the 1st 60-100 feet in your car

I had Hallam performance redo my springs and remove my lowering blocks. Tractions good with just the leaf springs but it weight transfers reasonably well. You can see it in a photo of my car on the http://www.fullboost.com.au website. No wheels in the air but good weight transfer.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:36   #3 (permalink)

I have seen guys run ladder bars on falcons with leaf springs. The DEMAJ BROS used to run them on there mazdas years ago. But Mcdonalds Bros sell a kit called a 2 link which is meant to be very good. The XE pictured in Performance Ford Magagazine called HSVETER has a setup on it. It has a pic of it too.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 13:14   #4 (permalink)

I had a mate who had ladder bars in the back of his XD ute.
Old 07-17-2005, 16:05   #5 (permalink)

Try calling Steve at Maitland Performance Fabricators in Bayswater.

9371 6786 or 0421 606 072.

Unit 10, 24 Wooton St, Bayswater.

His work is awesome and second to none. He fabricates full race cars and I'm sure he'd have some answers for you.
Old 07-17-2005, 19:39   #6 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Try calling Steve at Maitland Performance Fabricators in Bayswater.

9371 6786 or 0421 606 072.

Unit 10, 24 Wooton St, Bayswater.

His work is awesome and second to none. He fabricates full race cars and I'm sure he'd have some answers for you.
Steve was actually the guy that fitted the cage and said the ladder bars wouldnt fit without some major mods, he did do a great job on the cage. I had thought about the caltrax setup as an option but for only an extra $400 the ladder bars i was goin to have fitted would have worked alot better. I think ill go buy the performance ford mag and checkout that HSVETA's rear susp. setup. Anyone hear have comparison times on cars without then with caltrax to see what sort of 60 foot gains they made????
XD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 20:03   #7 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

I've seen some that have made big gains with Caltracs but they were in the higher hp brackets and had traction issues. Lower hp cars with them I've seen hasn't made any real difference. Quite a few people on the 335 forums run them.
Old 07-17-2005, 21:54   #8 (permalink)
Smoke? What Smoke?

the new setup from RRS might be worth a try
Red04VXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39   #9 (permalink)

u can make your own 2-link setup its fairly simple idea just done a set up on my xd and know a guy who made a set for his zephyr work well if u wont 2 run soft springs the was another xd in performance ford a few issues ago that had a 2-link setup as well as hsvetr
D-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:33   #10 (permalink)

Bugger!

There's a dark blue injected "BlownXD" in a Ford's only Street Machine mag, dated Oct 2003. I'm sure he's got the set up you're talking about. Looks really nice, but doesn't go into any detail. He's running 4 leafs springs. Pulls 10.2's, but I found it weird that he's only running a Crane 246 cam with an injected 6:71 blower. He goes on for several paragraphs how he loves his 60 footers.......but do you think he'd even tell the reader what they were?

The guys name is Jason Loane. The only lead I have is that he got his panel work done at Shiloh Custom Art in Wynnum, Brisbane back in about 2000.

I was very suprised at how light those chrome-moly roll cages are. Steve was doing a 12 point cage for a WRX when I was there last and it only weighed about 40kg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech