'60 F100 Q-Code
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington, USA
Latest drama in the engine swap game...
As some may recall, I've been in the process of swapping out the 351C in my '60 truck for the "budget 351C" engine that I built that I call my "Q-code" engine. It is actually a CC 4V and the engine it's replacing is an OC 4V.
Well, I pulled out the "old" engine. The flexplate on the old engine was a factory stocker, so I decided to swap the 11.5" C4 SBF Hughes flexplate that I had as a spare for an 11.5" C6 SBF part. So I sent the other one back with an RMA number that they gave me. A week goes by and nothing. So I call up Hughes. They couldn't find any paperwork on it. Doh! The RMA number was on the packaging! ...of course, they probably tossed that out the day it came in. Okay, so I remind them of everything and pay an extra $32 for 2nd day shipping so that I can install the engine this weekend. They sent me the exact same part number flexplate instead of the "correct" PN flexplate. So I paid to ship the "old" one back so that I could rapidly receive the wrong new one. I called them back, no way to get it here this weekend without paying $80 or more in shipping.
In short, they're going to ground-ship the correct part out to me at their expense, but charge my credit card for it until they get the wrong one back. Yippie! So much for anything related to fair in this life.