lets try to kill the fairlane - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2006, 04:25   #1 (permalink)

lets try to kill the fairlane

i was taking a xf lain to the scrap the other day and thought lets have some fun , i called some poeple in the car club and just before the club meet we put it on on the trailer and was smoking it up , lsd with a brand new tyre with the belt broken ( so it wasnt exactly round onone side ) and about a 80% on the other
no alternator , radiator , oilo trans cooler, dash lights and half the other stuff in the engine bay
it smoked in 1st gear ( auto ) and would only rev to about 3 grand and then the engine started smoking and oils got hot it red lined , we got sick of this after about 4 or 5 mins so i took it out of gear and free reved it , after a few more mins we slammed it back into first noy taking foot off throttle , we did this , in and out of gear for a few more minutes whiule there was a fire ontop of engine and id like to say a fair bit of oil and paint buring of engine also , we had quite a few onlookers at this stage , anyway after about 10 odd minutes the engine cut out ( i think it burnt through some ignition wires ) , we put out fire , drove off leaving a great heap of rubber smoldering away and of it went to get me $170 for scrap money , we had a ball and will be doing it again
pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2006, 15:24   #2 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Re: lets try to kill the fairlane

• What does that have to do with clevelands?

Last edited by TruBlu351; 02-05-2006 at 05:54. Reason: some comments not required
xrgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:51   #3 (permalink)

keep your personal comments to yourself ,i dont USUALLY here and tell poeple what i think of them so **** *** *** ****,

Last edited by TruBlu351; 02-05-2006 at 05:55. Reason: some comments not required
pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:43   #4 (permalink)

More fun & cheaper than a day out at Wet'n'Wild! Brilliant.
tufLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:56   #5 (permalink)

Easy fellas
Old 02-05-2006, 15:28   #6 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

I think we need that guy Crochunter to get involved in this one. Where are you Crochunter. lol
351AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 17:33   #7 (permalink)

and yous all bagged him out for his comments[ crochunter] now you want him to stir things up now tell me who is the real trouble maker. it amuses me because crochunter has built and run the numbers more so than most on this forum and in something he designed and built himself so he must know something dont you think.
turbomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 19:20   #8 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomania
and yous all bagged him out for his comments[ crochunter] now you want him to stir things up now tell me who is the real trouble maker. it amuses me because crochunter has built and run the numbers more so than most on this forum and in something he designed and built himself so he must know something dont you think.
rofl. Where I come from the person with the most $ goes the fastest. Croc Hunter sure went fast in a light weight XD. Food for thought. Add a 150hp shot of n2o to my setup and imagine where that puts me in the scheme of times with no 90/10's, 30/70 shocks or traction adders. Just factory 4 leaf suspension in a fat arse XB.

Moral : We can all go fast. You just need the money to do it
Old 02-06-2006, 00:32   #9 (permalink)

Crochunter hasn't been seen around here since a few weeks b4 chrissy. Dude, where are you? Turbomania, got any leads?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:00   #10 (permalink)

You boys had better do your homework if you want to match croc. No use using "light weight XD" for an excuse for not gettin close to him.
brenx, you mentioned this on an AFD topic a while ago(not crocs car)::

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
3500lbs roughly Ford XD Falcon running the AFD's and making 538hp with 4.56gears and a 5500rpm histall. It ran 10.8. Which is nice.

Same type of vehicle XD Falcon running CHI's making 570hp with a 5500histall and 4.56 gears ran 10.5.
Yours should run 10.20s then hey?
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech