Ford Forums banner

Which Manifold

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  northiam 
#1 ·
Im considering changing my 2V performer for a single plain (plane not sure). Has to be as low as the performer to fit shaker under hood, any ideas?

#2 ·
northiam said:
Im considering changing my 2V performer for a single plain (plane not sure). Has to be as low as the performer to fit shaker under hood, any ideas?
Wieand X-Cellerator or the Redline copy of it seems to be the weapon of choice... the other low-line single plane manifold is the Edelbrock Torker...

Of course, I'm trying to fit a CHI manifold under a shaker in an XY(when those bits arrive)... I think I've gotten lucky with the shaker on my car, I've got tonnes of room to "lower" it over the carb...

Ben

#7 · (Edited)
northiam said:
Anyone running a weiand single plane with 750 DP and shaker on an XA? Enough clearance?
I was running that exact set up on an XD with plenty of room. The shaker base however was a slight step down type that hung over the carby a little, which housed a 14 x 3" air filter. I'm sure you'll have room for a party in the XA.

I back up the previous statements.......go the weiand. You'll lose nothing down low - its a great all round manifold. How's this.......got it for $220 in the US!

Edelbrock doesn't make the Cleveland torker anymore, you can pick them up occasionally 2nd hand.

*I think you'll find the xcelerator and performer are almost identical in base plate height.

#9 ·
Lord OverKill said:
I found an Edelbrock Performer (351-2V) at my local rod shop, thinking about puting it on my mild-hot 351.

Would i be better off with the Weiland or this.

(sorry about the hi-jack)
Depends largely on the spec of the rest of the engine. From what I can gather, the Performer for Clevo's is only marginally better than the stockie, it is howevewr half the weight...
I'd chose a Weiand X-Cellerator/Redline Street Torker over it....

Ben

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.