manifold confusion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 22:13   #1 (permalink)
1979 ford f-150

manifold confusion

i know i am in the wrong forum section but this is the closest i could find to mine

alright...so i have a 1979 f-150 with a 351m/400 i dont know what that means exactly because ive heard so many things about both of them i got confused so thats why i am here. haha

i want to put a 4bbl carb on my motor and i dont know what i need, is it posible to have a 4 bbl intake on a 351m motor without having to mess with the heads?

my buddy has a truck with a 351m/400 in it and he has a 4 bbl intake manifold and i ont know if it will fit my truck.

any help would be great
thanks
taylor
mxmadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 17:02   #2 (permalink)

Re: manifold confusion

Does your buddys motor have thick plates between manifold and heads? If not, it is a propper 351M/400 manifold.

If it does have the thick spacers, it will have a 9.2" deck std cleveland manifold adapted to fit the taller M block.

More than likely it will have the M manifold which can be bought in 4 barrel.

And to clear it up, the M heads are the same as any other Openchamber 2V cleveland head. And the 351M/400 are fine in this section as i class them the same as any other Cleveland motor.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47   #3 (permalink)

Re: manifold confusion

The 351M/400 is basicly a C with higher block deck height & different crank bearing size. The difference between the 351M & the 400 is the stroke. Edelbrock makes a Performer 4 bl intake for this engine.
George1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech