Msd Ignition - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 05:54   #1 (permalink)
Coupe XA

Msd Ignition

Got my Ignition sytem today. Msd 6al box, blaster 2 coil, eagle leads and a msd dizzy $1000.

The bloke at the performance shop showed me a sample system and the differences between the points spark and the msd spark. I was impressed.... another member once said its like a welder to each piston i can understand that now.

I cant wait to fit it on the weekend. Now i need a 4.11 diff and im all set till i can afford to buy the convo pros and some other little bits and pieces.
benXaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2005, 05:57   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Msd Ignition

Just be careful and don't let it zap you I've had a few zaps from an MSD using a standard barrel type coil. It's no fun and a little painful.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:58   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Sweet sounds like a plain is coming together.
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:19   #4 (permalink)
Coupe XA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Just be careful and don't let it zap you I've had a few zaps from an MSD using a standard barrel type coil. It's no fun and a little painful.
Yeah i think ill disconnect the battery when i install it. Ive been zapped by normal ignitions and it still gives you a jump i can imagine what the msd will do lol.

How soon til your cars ready tony i cant wait to see it. Btw im not taking the horn details of my bonnet i reakon it makes it look heaps better.
Old 07-21-2005, 19:11   #5 (permalink)

I know a guy that can hold his finger there. Dont worry him. He just says you get used to it. LOL
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 23:20   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
I know a guy that can hold his finger there. Dont worry him. He just says you get used to it. LOL
That's called Darwin's theory of natural selection.

I like the arc welder chirp sound they make when you test the leads on the block. There's no freakin' way I'll touch one!!
Old 07-22-2005, 00:54   #7 (permalink)

I've onyl ever been bitten by MSD once as well...... it felt like every joint in my hand and fingers exploded, and it took about half an hour before the feeling came back. Not nice.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 04:07   #8 (permalink)
ESP Man

I don't plan on getting bitten by my MSD.

I learnt real fast when my Dad got me to hold the mower plug lead as he turned the motor over when I was a little fella (they didn't have rubber boots on the lead in those days)

After that, Dad figured it was a fuel problem (why it wouldn't start)
Old 07-22-2005, 07:37   #9 (permalink)
Coupe XA

Well i got it all in tonight what a mission. Im no mechanic or electrician but how easy is it with clear instructions.
Now i have to adjust the timing, also need to change the advance settings springs and the little bush needs changing but im going to get a mechanic to do it. It took me 4 hours to do it all and get the car running first go. I also need to change the spark gap to about 50 thou ill do that tommorow morning.
Old 07-22-2005, 15:21   #10 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Good stuff! 4hrs is no time at all for the advantages it gives!

Just a couple weeks ago while putting my motor back together etc... I was holding the coil lead and getting my brother to turn the key over to fill the fuel bowls. Either i moved my hand past it, or the rubber isn't good enough cause I copped one big ass shock! my shoulder blades near touched from force :p blaster 2 coiler with 6al!
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech