Ford Forums banner

my center console, thoughts?

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  conan1 
#1 ·
hey all
thought I would post some pics of my shifter etc installed... Its looking ok, time to either cover the console in something or get it sprayed...
Its getting all the little holes and the slight overlap plastic welded this week or next so it will be all smooth..

so should i leave the console in or just run the shifter on its base?
in which case I would need to use a carpet over lay to cover up the trans tunnel...

The ashtray hole gets filled with 3 gauges I have already been using... Just didn't pop them back in for the pics...

cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
it a USA BM shifter right, cause all selection positions are on the left side. If you could change that it would be cool. Have you thought of tryin an XF console?, then you could colour it to what eva you want.
but the most impressive thing we saw was the dash, would like a pic of dash plz
:hy:

#9 ·
Who ate 1/2 your kick panel :priest: jk

I think it looks good for an aftermarket shifter. Considering i mainly like and use the stock xd/xe shifter assembly, this one has turned good. As stated, if you like it, thats all that matters really.

#11 ·
its mounted to the black removeable thing. Half of it sits on that and the back mout holes hang over. I have long bolts up through the bottom for the back holes.
It was a very tight fit, i used a dremel for most of it..
The display screen is where i would like it, It can be seen easy and it lets the shifter be closer..

anyone pick the 6al?

with the 6al, 3 gauges + custom holder for gauge, and the quicksilver, the center console is starting to owe me a bit :)

#12 ·
falcon coupe, it was a tight fit for me.. I am not sure what clearance you have in the coupe.. The quicksilver is one of the lower BM shifters though...

churdude what about the dash do you mean? got me buggered

If you guys are trying to mount them I can take some pics of the clearance I have when i have light..

#13 ·
I think those consoles look pretty average covered, unless you do it properly, IE: every edge needs to be stiched or it will just look puffy and gay.

Personally I reackon just clean it up and give it a coat of charcoal trim paint. (dont paint it black).

#14 ·
W hen i had mine in my xd i took the centre console out and mounted it right down in between the seat was pretty good just sit back in the seat didnt have to reach to get it didin have to do anything prob the best way now in the xy i got mine mounted up on the hump its not too b ad just got to stretch to get it out of park

#15 ·
grey_esp said:
I think those consoles look pretty average covered, unless you do it properly, IE: every edge needs to be stiched or it will just look puffy and gay.

Personally I reackon just clean it up and give it a coat of charcoal trim paint. (dont paint it black).

yeah I will be spraying it grey i reacon, padded would look out of place i think.. once some holes have been welded up that is..

#16 ·
pracy said:
falcon coupe, it was a tight fit for me.. I am not sure what clearance you have in the coupe.. The quicksilver is one of the lower BM shifters though...

churdude what about the dash do you mean? got me buggered

If you guys are trying to mount them I can take some pics of the clearance I have when i have light..
I just bought a Quicksilver this afternoon, the Coupe could be back on the road in 3 weeks :driver:

#17 ·
grey_esp said:
Mine was covered when i got the car years ago. Nothing beats a nice clean stock console, but when you can't get, covering works ok.
This is mine

Attachments

#19 ·
xdclevo said:
Mine was covered when i got the car years ago. Nothing beats a nice clean stock console, but when you can't get, covering works ok.
This is mine

that would look damn good with the quicksilver and the gauge setup i have... Its got 3x 2 1/16 with some padding and grey vinyl and sits where the ashtray goes.. would match perfect!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.