Ford Forums banner

My new toy (TFC) is ready to go.

4K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  xdclevo 
#1 ·
I just can't go for the first drive tonite as i've had about eight too
many XXXX bitters :beerbottl . Looks fast. haha. Any others that
have changed from the weiand to a TFC or FW, what sort of power gains have you made? Also, to the few guys running the hirise and the shaker
still, can you please post a pic of the modified shaker base. I really don't
want to lose the shaker.(ps brenx, i had to copy the CVR bracket :priest: )

See less See more
#27 ·
shaynet said:
I am surprised you can run 36 deg. With my AFD's, anything more than 30 deg total and it started to go backwards on the dyno. That was before I put the MSD dizzy, 6AL & coil on it, so I don't know if it will stand more timing with the stronger spark.
I know its making more power with the big spark and timing still at 30 deg
I've never tried anything under 36 on the dyno. The only way i noticed a difference was dropping 2 tenths over the 1/4 mile by dropping back to
approx 28-30 total, but idling like crap at 10 ish initial.

#28 ·
xdclevo said:
I've never tried anything under 36 on the dyno. The only way i noticed a difference was dropping 2 tenths over the 1/4 mile by dropping back to
approx 28-30 total, but idling like crap at 10 ish initial.
Better get that dizzy re-graphed with only 12 deg in it

#29 ·
xd clevo once you have set your total timing to say 30 degrees at whatever revs your dizzy stops advancing at and you return it to idle and as you say [but idiling like crap at 10 ish initial ] well just turn the idling up to whatever revs is ideal for a smooth idle, it will not change the total timing at all .

#30 ·
turbomania said:
xd clevo once you have set your total timing to say 30 degrees at whatever revs your dizzy stops advancing at and you return it to idle and as you say [but idiling like crap at 10 ish initial ] well just turn the idling up to whatever revs is ideal for a smooth idle, it will not change the total timing at all .
It doesnt like 10 intial, and is less resposive there, even when idle is adjusted. Barrygrant even say there carbys will act sluggish if not run at 18-20 initial timing, and it is dead true. I have the 750 Demon.
I think you will see many others here agree worked motors with large cams need a lot more initial to work properly.

#32 ·
xdclevo said:
It doesnt like 10 intial, and is less resposive there, even when idle is adjusted. Barrygrant even say there carbys will act sluggish if not run at 18-20 initial timing, and it is dead true. I have the 750 Demon.
I think you will see many others here agree worked motors with large cams need a lot more initial to work properly.

you need to have your dissy re-curved i reacon.. i run 17 intial and 31-32 total. no vacume adv. iron 2v. and it runs great! its a little bit much for my CR but if you watch what ya doing its fine.

#33 ·
brenx said:
You'll have to retune it now. The mixtures will have changed. Hard to say which way it would have gone. The TFC's are a good manifold. I'd be interested to see a chassis dyno comparison.
Mine must of been running pretty lean before, as i havn't touched the
jetting or mixture screws, and it idles/runs better than it ever has. Top
end is now awsome, and it's getting me itching for the strip again.
I will be dissapointed if its not in the 11's somewhere.
Still, thinking i need more convertor first. Wheres the money tree????

#37 ·
raytriplej said:
Hi Dion,
The swap meet is on Sunday not Saturday.

CAIRNS SWAPMEET, CAR AND BIKE SHOW August 14, 2005. Cairns Showgrounds, Scott St entrance. Open 6am. Ph: (07) 4057 7830

Ray
Cool. I'll have my Son down for the weekend, so might come along on Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.