Need Info from Those Down Under - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2005, 19:16   #1 (permalink)

Need Info from Those Down Under

New member here. I have been an engineer at Mallory and Erson Cams for 13 years. Recently I started a new company (RobbMc Performance Products) with an ex-Mallory engineer. We specialize in products for less popular (ok, less popular in the states) V8's.

We have recently started manufacturing and selling high volume mechanical fuel pumps for several less popular engines including the 351C/M/400 Ford.

I know this engine family is more popular in Australia than in the states so I would like to find a dealer in Australia. I know a few people at Rocket Industries because they carry Mallory products. I contacted them but they have shown little interest.

Any suggestions?

PS. I will try to check in on this forum a couple times a week. Please feel free to ask me questions about Mallory and Erson products either via a forum thread or by email. I designed many of the current Mallory and Erson products.
RobbMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2005, 20:40   #2 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Re: Need Info from Those Down Under

Try VPW ?
http://www.vpw.com.au/
Old 12-15-2005, 22:51   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Falcon. I'll give them a try.

Other than Panteras and a few Torinos and Mustangs, there aren't a lot of Clevelands still around anymore in the states and most of them aren't racing. I hear that the Cleveland is still used for racing quite a bit in Australia. This is a link to a website showing the two pumps:
http://www.robbmcperformance.com/4436.html
Think there would be any interest down under?
RobbMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 23:36   #4 (permalink)

Nice looking pumps.

Yeah, Holley mech pumps were avail until a few years back, but it seems the only mechanical pumps avail for a Clevo these days is a stock one. Had to throw my Holley one out because I couldn't get a rebuild kit for it.

Try some of these guys. They are some main frachises or dealers here who would sell a lot of those parts.

http://www.rarespares.net.au/mainind.htm

https://www.americanautos.com.au/secure.html

http://www.performancewholesale.com.au/

http://www.highperformanceworld.com.au/home.html
Old 12-16-2005, 02:56   #5 (permalink)
under thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Nice looking pumps.

Yeah, Holley mech pumps were avail until a few years back, but it seems the only mechanical pumps avail for a Clevo these days is a stock one. Had to throw my Holley one out because I couldn't get a rebuild kit for it.
Im fairly sure you can still get the mallory ones! I got mine bout 18mnths ago
Old 12-16-2005, 03:12   #6 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

pitty they were not a bit sooner as I would have rather run a mec pump .
I have put you in my favorites so if the electric pump fails I will have a crack at your pump
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:29   #7 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Greetings

My name is Brett Preston from Edge Enterprises in Australia.

We have been involved in High performance products since 1988. We are no longer are in this industry , we now manufacture children's pedal cars. www.pedalcar.com.au

We supply many countries world wide.

I understand fully what you are trying to achieve.

To help brake into the Australian Market you may like to contact John & CHI sales@chiheads.com makes the best Cylinder heads for Cleveland & you may be able to work out a mutually beneficial deal. They have supplied the engine masters winners the last few years.

If you need any help with manufacturing Off shore I may be able to assist.

Regards
Brett Preston

STAMPED STEEL PRODUCTIONS
KALAMUNDA WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Tele +618 62931055
Fax +618 62931066
www.pedalcarshop.com/stampsteel/index.htm

Regards
Brett Preston
Australian Pedal Car Company
Ph 08 6293 1055
Fax 08 6293 1066
www.pedalcar.com.au

The originator not the imitator.

Don't be fooled by smaller copies.
Demand the genuine item.
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:43   #8 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbMc
New member here. I have been an engineer at Mallory and Erson Cams for 13 years. Recently I started a new company (RobbMc Performance Products) with an ex-Mallory engineer. We specialize in products for less popular (ok, less popular in the states) V8's.

We have recently started manufacturing and selling high volume mechanical fuel pumps for several less popular engines including the 351C/M/400 Ford.

I know this engine family is more popular in Australia than in the states so I would like to find a dealer in Australia. I know a few people at Rocket Industries because they carry Mallory products. I contacted them but they have shown little interest.

Any suggestions?

PS. I will try to check in on this forum a couple times a week. Please feel free to ask me questions about Mallory and Erson products either via a forum thread or by email. I designed many of the current Mallory and Erson products.
You really know how to warm the hearts and minds of Internet shoppers with:

"Taxes and shipping charges will be added to all orders." ...though, as your FAQ seems to indicate, that taxes are added only to Nevada recipients. You may want to clarify that where the previous sentence is used. Something like: "Shipping charges will be added to all orders. Nevada residents add 7% sales tax to net order."

Also, you may want to consider using "guage" instead of "gage" in your narratives concerning fuel pressure gauges. Gage is most often a transitive verb and guage is most often a noun. Though technically correct--in the same manner that "pretty" also means "very" these days--the preferred usage is guage.

I'd probably try contacting Terry Parker. He makes the Funnelweb inlet manifolds. He may be interested. He's going to be talking to people about fuel system-related components anyway when they contact him. It may be a worthwhile collaborative marketing opportunity.

I'd be interested in a 110 fuel pump, but at $200 I think that I'll just have to stay interested. I bought a Carter 23 gph pump that is supplemented by an electric in my 1960 F100 (sitting atop of a '72 Ranchero chassis). My 4V 351C engine only makes about 420 HP.

It would be nice to have a 220 on my Cleveland powered dragster, but I don't have a fuel pump eccentric on the snout of the cam...but, it would be a lot easier to install that way!

:davis:
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:03   #9 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

I don't know anyone who runs a mechanical fuel pump. At $200 US that would make for one bloody expensive fuel pump. But i wish you luck any way.
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:05   #10 (permalink)

Now you've got me confused.......gUage doesn't exist in the dictionary.

Gage is the US version of gauge, although hardly used?

A fuel pressure thingy with a needle and numbers on it (noun) is a gAuge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech