A New Clevo Block? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 16:29   #1 (permalink)
CLEVO KID

Thumbs up A New Clevo Block?

Hi guys, theres a lot of talk going around on the net" about getting a much needed new and improved Cleveland block produced ?,surely this will happen its just when?I heard a rumour that some good Aussie boys in Perth are on to this? I hope this is true,Its hard to believe that the big companys in the USA snob this idea.[if it were'nt for the Aussies would the Clevo be in the 21st century? ]does any one know any thing?
potty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2006, 19:28   #2 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Re: A New Clevo Block?

Quote:
Originally Posted by potty
Hi guys, theres alot of talk going around on the net" about getting a much needed new and improved Cleveland block produced ?,surely this will happen its just when?I heard a rumour that some good Aussie boys in Perth are onto this? I hope this is true,Its hard to believe that the big companys in the USA snob this idea.[if it were'nt for the Aussies where would the Clevo be? ]does any one know any thing?
If it wasn't for a big company in the USA, there never would have been a Cleveland. BTW..."a lot" is two words.

:davis:
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 20:20   #3 (permalink)
CLEVO KID

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis
If it wasn't for a big company in the USA, there never would have been a Cleveland. BTW..."a lot" is two words.

Don't get me wrong Davis, I appreciate the cool USA stuff like most petrol heads?god bless America for the V8 ,But it been the Aussies in recent years leading the way in long overdue" Clevo performance parts?"-[probably be the same if a new block gets produced]?
potty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:04   #4 (permalink)

There was some talk about this from the guys at SJ Performance here in Perth but i,m not sure if it is still going ahead anymore as i certainly haven,t heard anything new for a long time. Their website no longer has mention of it anymore.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:08   #5 (permalink)
Injection is nice But

Quote:

Does the saying red neck mean anything too you
BAGTHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 19:44   #6 (permalink)

Quote:

We got the engine the States didn't want.
Old 04-04-2006, 22:12   #7 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by potty
Don't get me wrong Davis, I appreciate the cool USA stuff like most petrol heads?god bless America for the V8 ,But it been the Aussies in recent years leading the way in long overdue" Clevo performance parts?"-[probably be the same if a new block gets produced]?

And I think that it should be coming from Australia. I have absolutely no doubt that the Aussies are capable of producing the finest Clevo parts in the world. There is nothing wrong with improving upon American innovation. Countries everywhere are proving their capabilities in that area. We now have China producing "cast steel" iron crankshafts in all sorts of stroke at a price point that is so low that we can afford to ship them all over the world for all makes of popular V8s...and iron isn't exactly cheap to ship.

I think that the CHI and AFD cylinder heads are worlds above the corresponding Edelbrock part. For some reason, a plain-jane 2V head isn't very exciting to we Clevo enthusiasts, particularly when the Aussie counterparts are well into the 4V and beyond range.

A nearly ideal Clevo for street/strip is a 4.030" bore 3.75" stroke with a set of AFD 2V heads and a nice, fairly fat hydro roller cam and a Weiand X-Cellerator with a 650 DP carb flowed to 720-ish CFM without enlarging the base plate.

Of course, that's assuming some wanna be doesn't pop up with some remark about red necks or engines that we don't want. The business case behind the EPA rule changes and the demise of the Cleveland in the states has nothing to do with Australia, except that a product fully funded found an opportunity to realize longer term profits in a different market. However, wankers, please inform me if I'm mistaken...the Cleveland is no longer being offered in Australian production vehicles? Every market finds a point where a particular product is made obsolete. The EPA "preempted" the Clevo before its time. Does anyone think that Ford was "upset" by the revelation? Does anyone think that maybe some group of people was "reduced" due to the action?

Oh yeah, I'm a fhukin' red neck just because I know where the Clevo came from and how 30+ fhukin' years ago we invented it so that today a few Aussies can claim that somehow we dropped the ball. In my experiences, most Aussies respect the contribution of "The States" in the Clevo in the same way that most "Yanks" respect the contribution of the "Aussies" in the latest round of improvements in cylinder head technology. In other words, bullshit comments like "red neck" don't apply here. If ever there was a red neck, they are in the depleated ozone area anywhere in Aussieland...and probably because of all of the CFCs spent by Yanks years ago.... :D

davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 22:25   #8 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
And I think that it should be coming from Australia. I have absolutely no doubt that the Aussies are capable of producing the finest Clevo parts in the world. There is nothing wrong with improving upon American innovation. Countries everywhere are proving their capabilities in that area. We now have China producing "cast steel" iron crankshafts in all sorts of stroke at a price point that is so low that we can afford to ship them all over the world for all makes of popular V8s...and iron isn't exactly cheap to ship.

I think that the CHI and AFD cylinder heads are worlds above the corresponding Edelbrock part. For some reason, a plain-jane 2V head isn't very exciting to we Clevo enthusiasts, particularly when the Aussie counterparts are well into the 4V and beyond range.

A nearly ideal Clevo for street/strip is a 4.030" bore 3.75" stroke with a set of AFD 2V heads and a nice, fairly fat hydro roller cam and a Weiand X-Cellerator with a 650 DP carb flowed to 720-ish CFM without enlarging the base plate.

Of course, that's assuming some wanna be doesn't pop up with some remark about red necks or engines that we don't want. The business case behind the EPA rule changes and the demise of the Cleveland in the states has nothing to do with Australia, except that a product fully funded found an opportunity to realize longer term profits in a different market. However, wankers, please inform me if I'm mistaken...the Cleveland is no longer being offered in Australian production vehicles? Every market finds a point where a particular product is made obsolete. The EPA "preempted" the Clevo before its time. Does anyone think that Ford was "upset" by the revelation? Does anyone think that maybe some group of people was "reduced" due to the action?

Oh yeah, I'm a fhukin' red neck just because I know where the Clevo came from and how 30+ fhukin' years ago we invented it so that today a few Aussies can claim that somehow we dropped the ball. In my experiences, most Aussies respect the contribution of "The States" in the Clevo in the same way that most "Yanks" respect the contribution of the "Aussies" in the latest round of improvements in cylinder head technology. In other words, bullshit comments like "red neck" don't apply here. If ever there was a red neck, they are in the depleated ozone area anywhere in Aussieland...and probably because of all of the CFCs spent by Yanks years ago.... :D

Yes 99.9% of aussies respect and acknowledge that the American's designed and perfected the production Cleveland..
IMO the american made closed chamber 4V cleveland was the pinnacle of cleveland production.
Australia's EPA intervention was 2 years behind the American regs, so we enjoyed the US made "big banger" 4V cleveland till the end of 1973.
Lets not forget Ford America continued to produce the CK617-J1 4V closed chamber 351 cleveland for over 12 months after it ceased production fitment in the states just for Australian consumption to be fitted to XA and early XBGT's.
Ford Aus had to work with stricter new emmisions laws and the aussie made 2V Cleveland from 74 to 83 was a mellow sedate motor in comparrison.
So lets not bite the hand that fed us..
Old 04-05-2006, 03:56   #9 (permalink)

Davis it is probably a good idea if you don't refer to forum members collectively as "wankers" thank you very much.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:56   #10 (permalink)
Approach with caution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgxl
Davis it is probably a good idea if you don't refer to forum members collectively as "wankers" thank you very much.
I think you'll find his comments were levelled at those who took the first swipe... the term i guess is only revelant to a few....
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech