Ford Forums banner

New Elec Water Pump

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  TruBlu351 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd post up a few pics of the new setup.

Thanks to everyone who helped out out with pics and measurements! My home made brackets just bolted up without seeing the car.....JUST!! Fluked the 10-15mm cross member clearance. No asthetics on this one.....just trial version. 100A on tap is nice.

The lower alternator is an option if you want to run an elec pump or one of those little Moroso elec motors to run your mechanical pump....or simply want to clear up the top of the motor and show off the heads etc. Most other engines have kits for this but nothing for Clevo.

Forgive the huge pergola bolt and nut spacers (measuremet purposes only).....they've been replaced with alloy spacer tubes. The brackets were jigsawed and cut out of 5mm steel plate and it's very sturdy (ran out of time for nice laser cut stainless). Uses the two 8mm bolts where the timing pointer is.

The 6 rib serpentine pulleys are from a 94/95 Mustang setup with an alloy spacer from a 351W kit which just needed a little machining to fit over the Romac balancer snout.

Way too much red gaskit sealer

I smacked in a 20mm core plug (shaved down to 19.6mm) into the recirulation hole in the block then fitted a Meziere water pump backing plate over the standard ford timing cover. The 2 water holes weren't 100% lined up with the pump so I fitted the windsor backing plate on top of that. This provided some nice contouring into the block from the pump. I could have just jigsawed these bits out to clean the whole job up (ie: 2 small silver spacers).

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.