Ford Forums banner

new engine combo

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xbhoon 
#1 ·
have 378 stroker now have 10.3 comp with open chamber 2v's
stick is 227/236 at 50 , 527/536 lift , have tunnel ram efi manifold
I am chasing torque more than hp as i am not racing just cruising
do i port my 2v's or alloy head it i am after aprox 400 to 450 engine horespower , have to get some paccers 4/1 what head do i use
its gonna cost me $5-600 to port & uno what the alloys are worth
what do u guys think

cheers pete

#2 ·
Depends on how light your wallet is $ wise. You'd never regret fitting alloy heads. As you probably read a few of us CHI owners are extremely pleased. The downfall which turns into a win/win in the end is alloys are about $3200-$3700 + $490 for roller rockers (roughly).

Whats don't to your current heads? If nothing? You should easily achieve 400-450hp with a port job.

What cam and carb you running? What exhaust? Sorry had to ask as it all works together. That cam isn't overly big so it probably wouldn't do the power you want with cast iron heads. Alloy is another story.

Brenden

#7 ·
The existing heads will certainly be cheaper to modify and 5-600 on porting should get you about where you want to be powerwise.If your heads have the good gear already then use them.If ,however money is not an issue then as Brenx suggested the alloy CHI heads are in a league above everything else at the moment.A baby stroker like yours with a set of ch185 heads would make monster torque.

#8 ·
i am leaning towards the afd 2v at the moment & the reason is the 185 3v's
need attention to the inlet upper manifold & thats right were the injectors
are placed so in hinesight might have to build a complete new intake . 2v afd heads are impessive also & have alot less hassle involved i feel for what will be not too much gain exspecially as i am not chasing outright hp , the 2v's also boast flat torque curve wich i like the sound of , My engine specs are the same as the 2v test engine on there website

cheers pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.