New TCS converter C4 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 18:32   #1 (permalink)
82XE 351c

New TCS converter C4

Hey guys
ordered a new 9 1/2 converter from The Converter Shop in QLD yesturday. I gave him all my specs and he advised around a 3400 stall. I asked for max 3200 after woulds. Trying to keep it a little driveable....
anyways what i am wondering, I gave them the details about 1pm yesturday. They have just called me at 11:20am this morning to say the converter is already finished.

should i assume he has just grabbed a converter from the shelf? His phone chick assured me he didn't, then she put it C.O.D to me.
She said he had the parts here, nothing had to be ordered so it all went together fast... I thought there was a fair bit of labour involved as well?.... it has taken less than maybe 5 working hours depending on what time he worked til last night!!

I dont really doubt what he says he TCS have a very good rep, but I thought it would take about 10 working days to get to me. 2 of those being on my converter...
TCS 9 1/2 3200 stall $730, hows that sound?

i wish i had of asked when ordering it how long it takes, i didn't at the time because I am waiting on my precise box anyways....

cheers
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 18:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: New TCS converter C4

I ordered my 4500 stall last week, and it takes 2 weeks before despatch. Maybe your supplier is quiet at the moment, and got strait onto it. I wouldn't worry too much, unless it doesnt peform how you asked it to.
The 3500 dominator i just took out is very streetable, so i wouldn't worry about 3200 or 3400, as either will work well.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 18:50   #3 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I ordered my 4500 stall last week, and it takes 2 weeks before despatch. Maybe your supplier is quiet at the moment, and got strait onto it. I wouldn't worry too much, unless it doesnt peform how you asked it to.
The 3500 dominator i just took out is very streetable, so i wouldn't worry about 3200 or 3400, as either will work well.

thanks for the fast reply, I hope thats the case.

Why do you run such a large stall? it isn't huge but it is for your motor.?
Old 09-26-2005, 19:02   #4 (permalink)

Yeah mine took 10 days from queensland engineering and converter service, you will find that sometimes a customer may order a converter and not pay for it and it may be similar to what you want QCES took 2 days to split my mates converter and decrease the stall, and freshen it up.
AZZA
azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:44   #5 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Once you get your stall you'll understand them better. They are quite fine on the street. If it's too small? It'll drive worse than it would with a larger one. For example mine drove better with a 5000+ stall than a 3500rpm stall.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:51   #6 (permalink)

i got a 3000 stall converter from dominator for $607.00 delivered
krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:15   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pracy
Why do you run such a large stall? it isn't huge but it is for your motor.?
I don't what you mean by it huge for "my" motor?
Maybe you mean is quite stock. Answer is "hell NO"
Next time i venture to the strip i will run 11.50.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:32   #8 (permalink)
82XE 351c

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I don't what you mean by it huge for "my" motor?
Maybe you mean is quite stock. Answer is "hell NO"
Next time i venture to the strip i will run 11.50.

lol thanks for the laugh, you have problems with how big it is?
I was more talking about your rev range, not knowing exactly what it is, as a street car i thought you would want more of a rpm range?
I was tempted to go a bigger stall but I didn't know what it would be like driving around with only 2,000rpm or less to use... also if I used that 2000rpm often with even a 4k converter my motor wouldn't last long hitting its limit every time i decide to step on it..
Old 09-27-2005, 03:00   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pracy
I was more talking about your rev range, not knowing exactly what it is, as a street car i thought you would want more of a rpm range?
My rev limit at the moment is 6900rpm for the very limited street driving it gets, and it uses everyone of those reves every drive, many many times. I ain't easy on my motors. Is you limit 5500?
Don't forget, ours are 2 very different motors for different uses.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:34   #10 (permalink)

last time ordered a converter from dominator only took a couple of days it was a 3500 stall top eliminator cost 550
D-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech