newb.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 20:03   #1 (permalink)
smr
Cleveland Fox Body

newb....

I may be putting this in wrong section but Im only interested in the cleveland stuff for the most part so here you go...
I just wanted to introduce myself...I have been reading the forum for few days now. good information. I have been member on cleveland.net for sometime. I live in Northern california and am currently building a 1990 Mustang GT Hatch w cleveland power to be diff then all these windsor guys. It all looked a little more interesting to me. My current combo is restricted due to funsds but hope to add some changes next season...

what I got:
351C 2 Bolt Main block .030 over zero decked and squared
TRW Forged flat top pistons w/moly rings
stock polished crank
rebuilt stock rods
new clevite 77 bearings including cam
American 2V heads with some minor port work and bowl work for nitrous and machined for stud mounted rockers
crane custom grind flat tappet cam 598 int 618 exh dur= 244@050 252@050
NX express gemini twin plate kit 50 -300 shot
custom hd sprag 3800 stall with anti balloon plates
Performance Automatic Super Comp C4 with Manual reverse /transbrake
4.10 8.8 rear end
tubular k mamber and control arms
wolf race craft roll cage and subframes
and more but already too much info...

I am hoping to have it ready to go for our local shoot out in september but bdget may restrict this as I have alot of eletrical to complete...
smr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 21:45   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: newb....

it's in the right section
Old 08-02-2006, 03:41   #3 (permalink)

Welcome, 3 things to look at in my opinion
1, comp ratio?
2, Top quality rod bolts ARP Pro series, For the Nos and maybe H-Beam rods
3, A little bit more head work o/size valves,
Have you decided on a fuel system? manifold? Spark? Carby?
All in all sounds good though
AZZA
azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:58   #4 (permalink)
smr
Cleveland Fox Body

heads are at 71cc right now so if my math is right it should put me at 10.1:1
Also do have ARP rod bolts and main bolts and head bolts. sorry like I said I didnt include all info because its alot to type. I woudl love to run better head sbut this is where the budget is restricted. I will be changning the top end later down the road. I am actually currently looking for some australian closed chamber 2V heads if anyone has some they want to part with cheap. This would work alot better and I wouldnt mind spending the money on oversize valves and port work. I am running a sumped stock fuel tankaand an aeromotive A1000 fuel pump w/ -10 feed and a -8AN return w/ a A200 regulator. And am waiting to order my carb currently but I will be running a Patrick James Pro Systems carberator. Its holley based 4150 and with current specs we will be running a pro x series built to a true 780 -800 cfm. running an msd digital 6 box with mechanical pro billet... and a weiand excellerator intake.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:03   #5 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

You should be able to get some decent aussie 302 closed chamber heads cheap enough. Prices have fallen dramatically due to the new design alloy heads being made. From what I've seen even 4V's have dropped in price.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:49   #6 (permalink)
smr
Cleveland Fox Body

well let me know if you see some on ebay or some thing..I have been looking ...If I have to rebuild some and cover shipping I want a good deal and most of the sets I have seen have been going for the prices I could get 4v heads for but I already have 2V accessories so....
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18   #7 (permalink)
smr
Cleveland Fox Body

well still looking for some aussie heads anybody got some they want to part with? I just lost another set on ebay..I guess I got to get unethical sniper program like everyone else so I can actually win an auction...
Old 08-10-2006, 06:43   #8 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Problem is the weigh lots. Plenty of sets selling here in aussie land. Practically for nothing too. Due to weight though very few will send them anywhere as it costs lots of $. Generally more than the cyl head cost to buy.
Old 08-10-2006, 22:56   #9 (permalink)
smr
Cleveland Fox Body

yeah i figured as much. I think I might have found a lead on a guy today in the bay area california that has a couple fo sets hiding in his garage. I also called Aus Ford Parts in Oregon. they said they have some but they want 499 if I order them direct for bare heads. I can wait till they get some on ebay for that price because they are going for 350 on ebay from same seller.
Old 08-14-2006, 15:35   #10 (permalink)

Just read your post,

I just pulled some 4V heads off my Cleveland because I blew a head gasket. they are open chamber hydraulic heads.

I'm willing to part with them because i'm putting on the heads Clay Smith Cams modified for me. Claysmith is currently dissasembling the heads I'm keeping for use with a 292/570 cam. They have to use Big Block Chevy Ball rockers because of the CAM grind so i've been told,

Make an offer, I can send you pics of the heads and head gaskets that came off the motor if you want.

Here an hours north of San Diego, come by and see them if you want, your about 4 or so hours north of me.
Mach73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech