Oil pressure drop under load and right hand turn 351C
Guys, I hope some brainstoriming on this one will help...
1. 2 wiped lobes on previous hyd cam, both lifters in bad condition, bores OK.
2. ran in new cam/lifters with over 50psi - no problems.
3. changed oil and oil filter with filtermag - 20W50
4. re-adjusted valve lash per cam spec Comp Cams 270S.
5. Idiot proof mechanical oil pressure gauge - Autometer.
Oil pressures stationary and during test drive
-80psi cold idle
-35psi-40psi hot idle
I noticed, the pressure drops to 0 !! when turning right, regardless off engine speed!!, and then when you straighten up pressure returns to normal 40 - 80psi depending on engine speed. This does not happen when turning left ??
Also straight acceleration causes the pressure to drop to 0 for a few seconds and then jumps back up to normal regardless of engine speed ??
I had to drop the sump during the cam swap ... DO NOT ASK WHY! and noticed the pickup screen was bent, probably due to clearance issues with the sump/crossmember. I did not replace it as oil pressure was fine before the cam swap.
I have refrained from driving it until I fix this problem...