Pavtek? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2006, 03:38   #1 (permalink)

Question Pavtek?

Has anyone here had any experience with Pavtek? I was looking into their 3v heads for the clevo I'm building when their crate engines caught my eye. Any opinions on them? www.pavtek.com.au
master_jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2006, 03:48   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Pavtek?

I've got a Pavtek engine sitting under the bonnet of my XB. I can't say a bad word about them (Mick and Theo). They are good at what they do and fast to boot. None of this BS taking months and months to sort an engine. My engine was around 4-5 weeks start to finish inc engine dynoing. I made 588hp @ 7200rpm and 500ftlbs torque with 393ci and 218cc 3V's. Ran 11.11's off the trailer on the best part of a 30deg day, with a 7 day old engine. You may have seen pics of my car and the write up in Performance Ford Magazine.

A 351 done by another company I had done took 4 months.

What are you buying from them? A complete engine? I personally would by the heads direct from CHI (http://www.chiheads.com). Probably saves you some $? Then just purchase a short motor from Pavtek.

My cars no drag car either. It runs normal shockers/springs not drag shocks or springs. No traction assistance like Caltracs or the likes. Basically I can drive the car to the strip, swap tyres race, swap tyres and drive home.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
V8 man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I've got a Pavtek engine sitting under the bonnet of my XB. I can't say a bad word about them (Mick and Theo). They are good at what they do and fast to boot. None of this BS taking months and months to sort an engine. My engine was around 4-5 weeks start to finish inc engine dynoing. I made 588hp @ 7200rpm and 500ftlbs torque with 393ci and 218cc 3V's. Ran 11.11's off the trailer on the best part of a 30deg day, with a 7 day old engine. You may have seen pics of my car and the write up in Performance Ford Magazine.

A 351 done by another company I had done took 4 months.

What are you buying from them? A complete engine? I personally would by the heads direct from CHI (http://www.chiheads.com). Probably saves you some $? Then just purchase a short motor from Pavtek.

My cars no drag car either. It runs normal shockers/springs not drag shocks or springs. No traction assistance like Caltracs or the likes. Basically I can drive the car to the strip, swap tyres race, swap tyres and drive home.
Dontcha just luv these big XB's brenx..
gs1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:05   #4 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1973
Dontcha just luv these big XB's brenx..
Can't wait to head out again to the strip. I've not completed all of the mods I wanted done before going again though. I've got a factory modified tank back in the car. I hated the cell. Not enough range off 60lt. New tanks 127lt. I've dumped the accel dizzy and fitted a MSD dizzy with locked mechanical advance. I'm yet to dump the extractors as they are smaller than the ones the engine was dyno'd with. I'm jumping up from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8". I might try drag springs/shocks one day?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:29   #5 (permalink)
V8 man

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Can't wait to head out again to the strip. I've not completed all of the mods I wanted done before going again though. I've got a factory modified tank back in the car. I hated the cell. Not enough range off 60lt. New tanks 127lt. I've dumped the accel dizzy and fitted a MSD dizzy with locked mechanical advance. I'm yet to dump the extractors as they are smaller than the ones the engine was dyno'd with. I'm jumping up from 1 3/4" to 1 7/8". I might try drag springs/shocks one day?
Yeah,it would be interesting to see what she would do with drag shocks and springs.10's would be good!They are a big mutha!You should get some advice from some of the 'Experts' SOME OF THEM ARE IN THE 11'S WITH 250HP!
gs1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:38   #6 (permalink)

Pavtek did all the machining on my short motor. All machining was within the expected tolerances.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:33   #7 (permalink)

i've been asking around about pavtek and all i'm getting is good replies..
so your prob. on a good bet going with them... I am...
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech