Please help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2004, 03:37   #1 (permalink)

Please help!

I know alot of the drag racers frequent this topic, could some of you have a look at this and give me any suggestions:

Pinion Angles????? Please help

Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Chris

PS: My apologies to the admins if this is frowned upon. In a small rush.
Rat460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2004, 05:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Please help!

Surely the suspension shop should be telling you whats needed.
To much pinion angle will ruin your day and the floor of your XC.
Unless that 4speed is REALLY going to hook up leave it standard.
My XC (auto) runs high 11's with a standard rear end setup.

John
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:23   #3 (permalink)

perhaps a set of bolt on slapper bars are in order?
Old 07-16-2004, 05:26   #4 (permalink)

standard as in pinion angle and 4 leaf springs, it does have slapper, tramp whatever bars.
John
Old 07-16-2004, 05:30   #5 (permalink)

I have a set of universal slapper bars, but they don't really suit the car very well. The arm sits no where near the leaf and the snubber is hitting about 2-3" down from the front eye of the leaf. Do you know who sells a set of slapper bars to suit xa-b-c falcons?
Rat460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:33   #6 (permalink)

Sorry, no I dont. I made my own bars
Old 07-16-2004, 05:39   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat460
I have a set of universal slapper bars, but they don't really suit the car very well. The arm sits no where near the leaf and the snubber is hitting about 2-3" down from the front eye of the leaf. Do you know who sells a set of slapper bars to suit xa-b-c falcons?
mine are a very old set and yes from memory they used to hit metal on the front spring eye due to being to long as well chucked them in the cut off saw on angle and shortened them to suit, no problems now.if you have a set already it should not be to hard to chop/modify them to better contact on the front spring eyes.

as to who makes new ones ???????? most people nowadays just bite the bullet and go ladder or four link money willing but i prefer the bolt ons as you can take them off incase of going for a cruise,yes its a band aid fix but meh for now it will do.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:33   #8 (permalink)

what are these slapper bars?.. sometimes i get a bit of axle tramp and was wondering how much these would cost to stop it from doing that, and if they would fit on an XD rear end with 9 inch and leaf sprung (extra spring added and re-tensioned)?
Leaks
Dents and;
Engine
Noise

FOR SALE: 1980 XD, Recently rebuilt 9" disc diff, with 3.25 gears, toploader with hurst shifter kit, 302C, DBA slotted and cross driled rotors, Fairmont interior with modified centre console, jellybean mags, reasonably good condition, driveline will handle 400+rwhp PM FOR PICS asking $3500
XDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 09:46   #9 (permalink)

These are your slapper bars / traction bars / tramp rods etc.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...45&prmenbr=361

Take a look at the first basic chrome pair. They fit in minutes, the U bolts just go over the leaf springs, one on each side of the axle. The extra leaf springs are no problem. When your axle starts to rotate and coil up, the bars oppose the rotation force.

Only problem you'll run into is when you have about 2" lowering blocks. I have a brand new set of tramp bars which I can't use because I have almost zero ground clearance.

Some states they are illegal. Who the hell knows why?
Old 07-16-2004, 17:24   #10 (permalink)
The Deputy Dogg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
These are your slapper bars / traction bars / tramp rods etc.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...45&prmenbr=361

Take a look at the first basic chrome pair. They fit in minutes, the U bolts just go over the leaf springs, one on each side of the axle. The extra leaf springs are no problem. When your axle starts to rotate and coil up, the bars oppose the rotation force.

Only problem you'll run into is when you have about 2" lowering blocks. I have a brand new set of tramp bars which I can't use because I have almost zero ground clearance.

Some states they are illegal. Who the hell knows why?

I use a set of the chrome tramp rods you show, i could not believe how well they worked after installation, highly recommended .
falcon coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech