Ford Forums banner

Price for Weiand X-celerator?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  spaceman347 
#1 ·
I recently bought a Weiand X-celerator manifold from a well known online perfromance warehouse in Victoria (I'm sure at least some of you know where I'm talking about) Their website lists the price as $569.95 (WEI-7516), although they only charged me $380 (+GST).

Did I get a bargain or is the price on the website wrong?

#2 ·
spaceman347 said:
I recently bought a Weiand X-celerator manifold from a well known online perfromance warehouse in Victoria (I'm sure at least some of you know where I'm talking about) Their website lists the price as $569.95 (WEI-7516), although they only charged me $380 (+GST).

Did I get a bargain or is the price on the website wrong?
The AUD has been quite high lately. I dare say they would have done a bulk order/import when the $ was nice and now you've seen the price difference.

The AUD has dropped back to 60c AUD to a US $1 now so now prices will rise again for the next order they do.

I used to import a few things myself although not car related. Well not just a few pieces roughtly 500+ pieces per month. My orders varied as must as $300 per order.

Now was the right time to buy ;)

Brenden

#3 ·
Yeah I know who ur on about. One thing with those guys is they have the ability to wager on price to a large dergee so if u ring and they give u a price, just sound dissapointed and ask if thats their best price, and they'll almost always take it down about 20 or so pegs.

Their web site is badly out of date and the prices are soo far out its often funny to ring and hear the new prices cause they are always 2/3 the price of the net quoted price. I've picked up shifters and carbs from there and laughed my way out their front door with armfulls of gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.