Prices 2 ??????????????? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 14:11   #1 (permalink)

Prices 2 ???????????????

can someone tell the price on a good set of new pistons? i am TRYING to build a tough engine on a budget so i am more than willing to flex when i need quallity gear but i dont want to spend a shit load of $$$$ coz the car is still a daily driver but it MUST rev hard or i will blow it up. also what is an estimation to get blocks bored if i need to coz i havent pulled the engine out yet.......i am makeing 1 crazy XB out of 2(the brown car is the project and the poor black one's days are almost over but like most fords a good ford will never die. i have already changed the guards over as you will see (this project xb is a 76 model)
old falcon fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 15:02   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Prices 2 ???????????????

Between $450 and $650 should get you a decent set.

Brenden
Old 11-20-2004, 21:37   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old falcon fan
can someone tell the price on a good set of new pistons? i am TRYING to build a tough engine on a budget so i am more than willing to flex when i need quallity gear but i dont want to spend a shit load of $$$$ coz the car is still a daily driver but it MUST rev hard or i will blow it up. also what is an estimation to get blocks bored if i need to coz i havent pulled the engine out yet.......i am makeing 1 crazy XB out of 2(the brown car is the project and the poor black one's days are almost over but like most fords a good ford will never die. i have already changed the guards over as you will see (this project xb is a 76 model)
I got my forged TRW for $300 from a closing down sale 4 years ago. Just keep your eye open for some deals. Make sure you get your pistons first, then get the block bored to suit the pistons you bought.
Still for what you want, get some decent pistons then spend your money on controlling those big, heavy cleveland valves.
Get good valves, retainer/locks and springs and rev away!!
Old 11-20-2004, 22:50   #4 (permalink)
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O

Try this, could probably find better but you said you had a budget ............

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....505981468&rd=1
Old 11-21-2004, 00:55   #5 (permalink)

Try and buy the bulk of your engine rebuild items from one place and tell the guy on the other side of the counter that if he looks after you he's got your business, if not go somewhere where they will. I know if someone comes into my store its better to make $200 on a large sale than make nothing at all.
01fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech