PRO COMP Aluminum heads....anyone used them? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 04:28   #1 (permalink)

PRO COMP Aluminum heads....anyone used them?

Peoples got a question. currently running procomp dissy, coil, and water pump... all seems to be running sweetly no problems in ages. i was thinking of upgrading the heads to some aluminium heads on a budget of course. was having a look at the procomp ones seeing i had no problems with there other gear...or should i go CHI? what do u guys think?
somebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 04:56   #2 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

Re: PRO COMP Aluminum heads....anyone used them?

I think you'll find that Procomp dont make alloy heads for Clevelands, (only Ford Windsors).
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:06   #3 (permalink)

are you talking windsor or clevo? Windsor have been available for some time but clev has not yet been released. Should be available end of feb.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 13:01   #4 (permalink)

cleveland. thats what i mean. sorry. well have people used the windsor ones? what did yah think of them?
Old 02-05-2006, 14:26   #5 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

I seen some alloy heads at the summernats. The Sydney Speed Supplies guys had them there. He said they were only $2000 complete. They looked like a copy of the CHI heads. But they were very bad castings. I think they were calling them PRO cOMP. I was talking to the guy about them. But soon walked away as the figures he was telling me was bullshit. Stick to the ones that are well known. And yes they were cleveland ones.
351AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 00:13   #6 (permalink)

orrighht then so if i stick to the well known ones......CHI or AFD? will be running roller cam( got it cheeeeeeeeeeep ) and roller rockers....
Old 02-06-2006, 02:56   #7 (permalink)

don't start the chi vs afd thing again, they are both great heads, my choice is CHI.
LTD351V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:06   #8 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351AFD
I seen some alloy heads at the summernats. The Sydney Speed Supplies guys had them there. He said they were only $2000 complete. They looked like a copy of the CHI heads. But they were very bad castings. I think they were calling them PRO cOMP. I was talking to the guy about them. But soon walked away as the figures he was telling me was bullshit. Stick to the ones that are well known. And yes they were cleveland ones.
Ditto, the castings were Sh!thouse!
I thought they looked more like an AFD copy? Especially when he mentioned the port size (wasn't a CHI port volume)
I'd be paranoid about porosity, or a valve seat falling out.... is a $1000(? not sure what the current prices are?) saving worth the risk of a dead motor?
I'd rather spend the extra money and see it go to the guys who deveolped the heads and cast them here in Oz, not something that's a shameless copy made in China... expect to see more of the great Aussie made Clevo stuff apearing as Chinese made copies... theres a Chinese TFC(?) manifold copy getting around now.
Keep the money in Australia!
GammaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 17:27   #9 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

You'll find people will run them as they won't know any better. Plenty of people get sold a lesser product due to lack of knowledge.
Old 02-06-2006, 19:55   #10 (permalink)
Nobody Likes To Walk

The Windsor alloy heads are an USA head called Avenger...not sure if they are the real deal or copies of the Avenger.

The real Avenger is a very nice head...and makes good numbers. Suited more to a stroker or 351w. I know someone in states which uses these heads with 351w and loves them and makes around 450hp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech

« Afd | Winton Videos »