question about aussie 2V heads - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 23:47   #1 (permalink)

question about aussie 2V heads

Right now I have a ton of questions. I just purchased a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang and it's equiped with the 2V 351C. The car accelerates alright but I need more. The guy I bought it from gave me a set of Aussie 302C 2V closed chamber heads and told me that they would bump up the compression from 8.something:1 to 11:1 - is this true? These heads are bare and I'm having a hard time trying to find what size vavles go in them. The guy I bought the car from did not know to much about the Aussie heads and was really no help in finding what size valves the heads take. Are these Aussie heads even worth fooling with? I plan on installing a Comp Magnum 284 Hyd. Roller with a TCI 10" stall in the FMX trans and 3.90 gears in the back. The car already has a Edelbrock Performer intake and Holley 650 mechanical secondary carb which I don't think will be enough for the upgrades I have planed. Will the Parker 2V intake and Holley 750HP carb with annular boosters and 4 corner idle be a good choice? I will appreciate any help and advice you guys can give.

....I would also like to know if the stock pistons will hold up untill I can afford to build the bottom end. This car only has 51,000 original miles. This kid is the second owner and the car belonged to his grandfather before being passed on to him. This car is in beautifull shape inside and out.
motorbreath71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 00:25   #2 (permalink)

Re: question about aussie 2V heads

The 302c aussie heads should bump it up to 10.5 assuming it is approx 8.9:1 stock now.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 14:38   #3 (permalink)

The Aussie 2v heads will help and the Parker intake is a nice piece. The 750 should work well on your combination. If you are planning on any strip action I would look into a C-4 or C-6 over messing with the FMX.

Chris

393 Cleveland, iron 4v heads, solid roller, powerglide, 4.56 gears good for 10.02@132 n/a.
70 Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 23:26   #4 (permalink)

does anyone know where i can get a new parker funnelweb 2v manifold apart from terry parker?
queensland2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:57   #5 (permalink)

I had 302 closed chamber (Aussie) heads on my 351C. Depending on what pistons you have (dished, flat top), compression could definitely go over 11:1 - mine was so high I couldn't run it on pump gas. I was going out to the aerodrome every few months and (illegally) buying 90gal of aviation gasoline.

Then I blew both headgaskets almost simultaneously - so changed to standard 351 open chamber 2V's.

But it had some mean compression with those 302 heads on...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 19:01   #6 (permalink)

Ford Performance Solutions in California did carry the Funnelweb intakes. I bought mine from them about 3 years ago.

Chris

393 Cleveland, iron 4v heads, solid roller, powerglide, 4.56 gears good for 10.02@132 n/a.
70 Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech