Rumours of new Clevo heads. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2006, 15:58   #1 (permalink)

Rumours of new Clevo heads.

Have been speaking to a well known manifold guru and he said that a new set of heads will be available soon, they are loosely based on the 3V, but don't flow as much out of the box. They should sell for about 1400$ bare. He said with a small touch up of the ports and match the inserts with the combustion chambers they have flowed 640hp. Still not as good as CHI 3V's but if you have a grinder, well they save you $800.

There will also be a CNC version available for about $500 extra, and they should do 340cfm.

Personally I'd rather the CHI's, cheaper usually means poor quality.

But will be interesting to see if CHI & AFD drop there prices a bit to compete, the more competition the better for all of us.
LTD351V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2006, 16:30   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Rumours of new Clevo heads.

Yup, the more competition the better. Prices are almost at a point where I'm considering buying a second set of alloy heads to have spares. Not sure what type/version. I would wouldn't mind a race orientated cylinder head for my engine.

Pitty their race (CNC) head flows what my 218cc CHI head flows out of the box with no porting. That's a little disappointing but as we all know flow doesn't mean much unless you have the capacity to use it.

It'll be interesting to see how they compare flow wise through the rpm range. Particularly the low/mid ranges. The upper ranges are for more higher hp applications. Most engines only run in the low/mid 500's lift wise. What good is a head that flows for example 380cfm @ 800thou lift when your only going to run a 550thou lift cam?

It's one of those things were the head has to suit the applications. I've been hearing about these new heads over the past 4 or so weeks.
Old 02-20-2006, 17:22   #3 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

I hope these aren't the chinese ripoffs that were at the summernats....
Old 02-20-2006, 21:41   #4 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaBoy
I hope these aren't the chinese ripoffs that were at the summernats....

Those heads i seen at the Summernats should be banned. That guy is ripping people off. And i dont care that guy is a ****en asshole. Sydney Speed Supplies. I dont mind saying his name. He sells dodgy shit made out of the shed in his backyard.
351AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 21:44   #5 (permalink)
!Real Men Smoke Rubber!

Plus CHI are making a new 225cc head.
351AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 22:10   #6 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351AFD
Those heads i seen at the Summernats should be banned. That guy is ripping people off. And i dont care that guy is a ****en asshole. Sydney Speed Supplies. I dont mind saying his name. He sells dodgy shit made out of the shed in his backyard.
Funniest part of it all is, you see american online shops selling his stuff (mainly the roller rockers) on Ebay "Procomp, made in australia" claiming to be high quality... wouldn't touch it with a bargepole... and they genuinely think its made here....

I remember thinking i took a gamble on Scorpion rockers, had never heard of them before, but once they arrived and after learning a bit more from people in the states, i felt confident recommending them to other people. Then, late last year I noticed a scorpion sticker on the 888 V8 supers trailer... can't be bad stuff then.

But yeah, those "procomp" heads are dodgy....
Old 02-21-2006, 02:05   #7 (permalink)

mate , ive had scorpion rockers in my xe for nearly 8 years now .. not a problem with them and they regularly hit 8500 rpm
YLD-377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:44   #8 (permalink)
Boost Is for Pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLD-377
mate , ive had scorpion rockers in my xe for nearly 8 years now .. not a problem with them and they regularly hit 8500 rpm
Oh, absolutely, when I got them in my greasy little mitts i knew they were great, but i'd never heard of them before, nor had most of the people I asked....
good for 0.800" lift and 800lb on the springs... :D
Old 02-21-2006, 03:27   #9 (permalink)

The worst part...
advertised as made is australia! we don't need to be associated with chinese crap!!

Just because they think we live in a throw away society!

JAs
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:14   #10 (permalink)

I have spoken to one of the guys on the 385 big block ford forum who has in fact used the pro comp head castings in a number of builds.This particular individual is a well respected cylinder head guy as well. I asked what his thoughts were on the pro comp castings and he verified that although the casting itself did not look the best he was prepared to overlook that factas it had nothing to do with how the heads performed. Better yet he has not reported any problems with the castings. Personally i haven,t used a lot of the procomp gear and i,m willing to accept that some of the stuff is crap. But before we go shooting this product down why don,t we wait until someone has actually used the gear and reported on the outcome.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech