Ford Forums banner

Seeking advise, 351 Xf Panelvan

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ViGiLaNtE 
#1 ·
Hi all... I currently have a Xf panelvan with a standard (except extractors and exhaust) 4.1 6cyl and a Xd sedan with a 351 Clevo (chrome tappet covers and extractors).

I want to swap all of the running gear in the 2 cars but I've heard some rumours of having problems with the fire wall (xf fire wall sticks out a little further on the left side).

If anyone knows of any problems that I may come across, or changes that I need to make whilst putting a 351 into an xf in Queensland I'd really appreciate it if you could advise me... Also if anyone has any detailed info on 351 conversions or pictures of xf engine bays with a 351 that'd be great.

Thanks heaps for any advise, pics etc...

#3 ·
good to see another xf with a 351.

ViGiLaNte what colour is yours have 351 xf in same type of blue thought i was being different lucky your in the east.

the only problems i had is the heater pipes the dash has to come out if you want to keep you heater.

what i did is got the heater core out de soldered the outlets turned 180 and blocked one end resoldered so the end up the top of the f/wall. with a bit of drilling and hit with the hammer.

the rest is easy mayby a bit of hammering if you want tuned exractors like mine .

#6 ·
xf351gt...The Colour of my car was the 95 Hilux colour mixed with lots of metallic. Was a cross between Cobalt Blue and the Hilux colour (not sure of the name of it). Originally it was gonna be Kawasaki Blue..very similar to the Blueprint on the new BA's..now that would have been some forethought if I had of gone through with that colour!!..

I had my heater re-plumbed thru the air-con port in the firewall...was costly coz I got Ford to do this, but this way I was covered for life of modification coz they did it.

ViGiLaNtE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.