Ford Forums banner

spun balancer/supercharger brackets

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  ZK 351 
G
#1 ·
manged to spin another balancer the other week, heres some pics

also got my supercharger bracketry all done, not the prettiest engine bay, so no comments on the ugly dirtyness
blower is a vortech V2, S trim,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
ZK 351 said:
manged to spin another balancer the other week, heres some pics

also got my supercharger bracketry all done, not the prettiest engine bay, so no comments on the ugly dirtyness
blower is a vortech V2, S trim,
You'll have to invest in a good Romac balancer.

What are your current HP figures? Engine specs? How much bolt on HP should your vortech add?

Would be nice to see a before and after comparison. Looks like a bit of a pully, water hose headache ;)

G
#3 ·
Yeah the aftermarket balancer is on the cards, i am getting one off my mate, just a matter of me getting there and swapping them over.

Last time it was on the dyno it was putting out 225rwhp , thats 165-170rwkw for memory

Engine specs:
351 c, std bottom end,
unknown cam (getting changed to a heatseeker stage 2 or 3 either before or shortly after blower is connected)
closed chamber heads, 10 to 10.5:1 compression
Wieand X-Cellerator intake,
Straight LPG using Impco 425 mixer and model E regulator.
Tri Y extractors, 2 1/2 twin exhaust with lukey mufflers.

Am going to run 5-6psi into it initially, got a MSD BTM box on the way (boost timing master) which will kick the timing down as the boost goes up to save the poor old cast pistons from detonation), while i source and buy some forged pistons and some H or I beam rods, i have a std bore block as a base to build on, so it should turn out pretty good, going to try and get the comp ratio down to 9:1 or 8.5:1 and run 12psi into it, will be fun..

should have no problem hitting somewhere over 200rwkw with the 5-6psi,

yeah i am going to have to get someone to weld a 90 degree turn onto the radiator return, and get a piece of stainless tube bent up to run along the edge of the radiator and then straight across to the thermostat housing. as it was i had to buy a housing that went straight up, and a hose for one of the old fairlanes, then cut it and join it with a bit of tube to get around the brackets...

the alternator relocation was simple, just drilled a hole in the bottom of the blower bracket and welded a bracket on the back and bought a shorter belt, and even used the original tensioner.

thinking i should probablay see if one of my mates can make me up one of those strut brace things that go between your crank and the blower just for the extra stability, i will try it without first i guess.

All i need to do to finish is get the oil lines made, buy a belt, a pod filter, make a tensioner, boost gauge would probably be handy too, and do the intake piping :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.