Ford Forums banner

standard 2 barrel carb of aftermarket 2 barrel holley?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  streaksinthesk 
#1 ·
hey all,

this is probably not the smartest of questions but i am considering running my 302 cleveland on dual fuel, i am not really looking to go fast or have massive power but i would like things to stay relatively inexpensive with abit of power and just to keep my xt van as a nice cruiser.

i have a standard 2 barrel carb on the car at the moment and it does need all the seels repalced as it leaks petrol.
basically my question is shoukld i rebuild this orginal carb or buy an aftermarket 2 barrel carb such as a holley or scrap the whole idea and go 4 barrel?

let me know what other info i can provide if anyone needs it?

#4 ·
straight gas is an option but i am having a little trouble locating an impco mixer and holley butterflies to start the setup

i also considered it may be cheaper to run a dual fuel setup? would this be correct?

also if this helps my tranny is only a c4 column auto, it will not be getting revved out to any more then about 4000rpm so would you stick with a 2 barrel in that case.

#5 ·
straight gas would probably be the way to go. Its good for 4500 rpm -5000rpm ive been told, with a single impco 425. Dont go dual fuel. It will run like a dog cause you cant have a dissy repraphed everytime you wanna change fuels. Thats my opinion anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.