Torque specs for Cleveland engines.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2005, 01:28   #1 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Torque specs for Cleveland engines....

Howdy folks, will be picking up the complete bottom end of my 302 tomorrow ready to be assembled. Anyone know where I can get a list of the torque specs for every bolt on a Clevo engine? Thanks!

Good news too, I've come into some money so the engine will be back together alot sooner than expected. Tomorrow I'm picking up a HEI distributor, some closed chamber heads, and camshaft and lifters and after that it's just all the little bits and peices like vacuum hose, oil + filter, PCV valve, etc. Engine will hopefully be going back in next weekend Can't wait!
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2005, 02:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Torque specs for Cleveland engines....

Put some of that extra cash into a factory workshop manual, everything you need will be there. I have 2 copies, one for the garage which I don't worry about grease, etc and one for the house !!!
xb351coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
New toy in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb351coupe
Put some of that extra cash into a factory workshop manual, everything you need will be there. I have 2 copies, one for the garage which I don't worry about grease, etc and one for the house !!!
You would have thought that would be the first thing you would buy hey Mike??
ch7472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:32   #4 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

Haha I actually took a factory manual out from the library but had to return it a while ago, maybe I should get off my ass and get it out again!
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:32   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Howdy folks, will be picking up the complete bottom end of my 302 tomorrow ready to be assembled. Anyone know where I can get a list of the torque specs for every bolt on a Clevo engine? Thanks!

Good news too, I've come into some money so the engine will be back together alot sooner than expected. Tomorrow I'm picking up a HEI distributor, some closed chamber heads, and camshaft and lifters and after that it's just all the little bits and peices like vacuum hose, oil + filter, PCV valve, etc. Engine will hopefully be going back in next weekend Can't wait!
Just be carefull as to whether they are specs for oil or moly lube.
Use a reputable person or book for settings, cause asking on forums, you will get big differences. Its less complicated getting torque settings using 30 weight oil as the lube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech