Ford Forums banner

Trans to motor

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  clevoxt 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I,m about to bolt my C10 to my 351C, I know this is a silly question but why does the four pins on the convertor have a thread? And do I simply slip the convetor onto the sharft and then load this onto the fly wheel?
Is it this simple?

Any help will do?
Thanks

#2 ·
floyd32ford said:
Hi guys,
I,m about to bolt my C10 to my 351C, I know this is a silly question but why does the four pins on the convertor have a thread? And do I simply slip the convetor onto the sharft and then load this onto the fly wheel?
Is it this simple?

Any help will do?
Thanks
You must seat the converter properly. Put it in and then turn back and fwd a bit and get it to go all the way home. It should hear it bottom out in the pump gears. Just make sure the converter stays in properly while installing. If it doesnt, it will destroy the box. Put 4 nuts on those converter studs are through the flywheel/flexplate. Dont forget the sandwhich plate!!!
ps, you can test it to see if the converter is ok after installing. Before putting the 4 converter nuts on, grab one the 4 studs with pliers and see if you can move the converter back and fwd a couple of mm. Again, you will hear the converter bottom out in the front pump gears.

#5 ·
xdclevo said:
You must seat the converter properly. Put it in and then turn back and fwd a bit and get it to go all the way home. It should hear it bottom out in the pump gears. Just make sure the converter stays in properly while installing. If it doesnt, it will destroy the box. Put 4 nuts on those converter studs are through the flywheel/flexplate. Dont forget the sandwhich plate!!!
ps, you can test it to see if the converter is ok after installing. Before putting the 4 converter nuts on, grab one the 4 studs with pliers and see if you can move the converter back and fwd a couple of mm. Again, you will hear the converter bottom out in the front pump gears.
Thanks!!! But what is a sandwhich plate? And where do I purchase one? and the nuts that you said to go on the convetor do they go on afterwards or do they act as a spacer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.