TruBlu's first trip to the strip ;) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 04:44   #1 (permalink)

TruBlu's first trip to the strip ;)

Well despite that damn rain, the show pressed on AOK....rain stopped play only once.

Goal tonite was 11's first time out, just to get a feel for the car and keep it straight.

11.7 @ 119 with a limp 1.8 60 footer.

Got to get them granny shifts quicker!! I was just starting to get comfortable with it on that pass and I broke the power steering reservoir It snapped the plastic fitting where the return line goes in. Must have done it on the burnout, cos it dumped at crap load of auto fluid on the left pipes and I smoke screened down the full track Game over.

The ANDRA guys also came over and said no more runs too. Because I got into the 11's they said I need a Super Street licence and a harness (already had the driveshaft loop). Wasn't expecting that so I'll fit one by next week.

MPH wasn't too bad considering I had my poxy 9x2" aircleaner and pipes on. I'll hopefully pic up a few more next week with my 9x5. I won't run without one.

It was wheel standing the left OK, couldn't see the right on the video, but I just wasn't giving it enough rpm off the line....only about 5K without a buried foot. New suspension seems like it will be great once I get the right settings.

Few pics....videos later. Funniest part was racing a 253 HQ....soon disappeared in the rear vision I think the new stance looks quite beefy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 04:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: TruBlu's first trip to the strip ;)

Few vids. 12.4 fist off the trailer, then warming up to a soft 11.7 More to come.

YouTube - XD test & tune

YouTube - XD 11.7 @ 119

High Octane Photos > > High Octane Drag Racing Photos > > Kwinana Motorplex > > 2007 February 28th Whoop Ass Wednesday
Old 03-01-2007, 17:07   #3 (permalink)
Always the student

Looks like you had a good time, congrats!!!!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 19:36   #4 (permalink)

Hey...thats a low 11 second MPH.....keep up the good work! Just need seat time and suspension tuning from here looks like....what was the air like....density altitude,temp,humidity..etc?
Bruce
fomocoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 21:29   #5 (permalink)

Thanks mate.

It was with full exhaust on and small choking 9x2" airfilter I'll take the scoop off next week and fit my 9x5.

11.7 @ 119 details

60ft = 1.77
330ft = 5.02
660ft = 7.66 @ 95mph
1000ft = 9.89

Ambient Temp = 19.2C / 66.6*F
Pressure = 1004hPa
Humidity = 57%
Density Altitude = 1079ft

Good cool weather for decent power, but I was choking it up and on Wed nights you're not allowed to run pipes off due to neighbourhood noise :(

I should be able to knock a few 10ths off next week lauching harder.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:36   #6 (permalink)
F100 351

nice one mate look forward to hearing how ur next run goes, i heard you guys most of that arvo from the job i was on in orelia
F100kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 21:52   #7 (permalink)

Kinda related question - where did you get a replacement reseviour for your PS pump? I went into Ford NZ today looking for a price on a replacement for my EB 5.0 (runs the same PS pump as XD, a Ford C11) and they only sell the whole pump. A mere $1100 and it's mine.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Tris
xafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xafalcon
Kinda related question - where did you get a replacement reseviour for your PS pump? I went into Ford NZ today looking for a price on a replacement for my EB 5.0 (runs the same PS pump as XD, a Ford C11) and they only sell the whole pump. A mere $1100 and it's mine.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Tris
G'Day Tris,

Yeah, mines the C11 too.

Your issue is that you are trying to get it direct from Ford. They charge top dollar for anything. Try calling your local power steering place or just get one fromt the wreckers. For a good reconditioned new one, a rough price I'd say would be about AU$450-500. You'll have to swap over your old one as an exchange unit.

A seal kit (few o-rings) for these pumps will cost you $65!! Damn rip off.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:27   #9 (permalink)

Thanks TruBlu351. When I left my local Ford dealer on Saturday morning I asked him to contact USA and get a price for just the resovour. Well, I got a call today and the resovour is available as a replacement part for NZ$95. Takes 4 days to get from your side of the ditch to mine. A local transmission shop quoted NZ$80, so it looks like I'm OK. The pump itself is perfect, just had the return line nipple snapped off.

Thanks again
Tris
xafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:30   #10 (permalink)

Cool. Always pays to shop around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech