Trying to start 393 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34   #1 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Trying to start 393

I have been trying to get the coupe started but no go .
I have crane hi-6 ignition with crane lx92 coil .The problem is I have no spark engine turns but no fire .The sparkie that wired it all up can't look at it for another week and I just won't wait that long if I don't have to.
The ignition box light will blink once and spike the monster tacho .
Has anyone had this problem or has anyone heard of this problem .
I would like to sort it asap as I have had the engine in the car for around 8 months and finaly got some time to get back to it and want to get as much done before time runs out again .
Thanks in advance
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2005, 04:25   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: Trying to start 393

No spark = HI6 dead or coil dead. Otherwise you have no power to the HI6. Is the HI6 wired directly to the battery? Or is it to the ignition. If it's to the ignition? Time for a new auto elec.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:52   #3 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

The hi-6 is okay we checked it out by disconecting the coil and the hi-6 light came on and stayed on like it is meant to so hopefully the coil is not wired proberly .
I will check this tomorrow as the car is at the shop .
Apart from the engine builder everyone else sucks at getting their work done correct first time .I am sure the hi-6 is connected to the battery as hes put a point in the car that everything connects to and then to the battery this was done to hide all the wirering
Old 08-22-2005, 05:20   #4 (permalink)

tony,how did you find bob campbell?. personally i have never used him before,ive used AA engineering or most of the times Performance mods in ozzy park who do real good work.I recently dealt with bob on a parts issue and he seemed real helpful.Seems to have realistic pricing as well on his machining.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:40   #5 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67
tony,how did you find bob campbell?. personally i have never used him before,ive used AA engineering or most of the times Performance mods in ozzy park who do real good work.I recently dealt with bob on a parts issue and he seemed real helpful.Seems to have realistic pricing as well on his machining.
Yeah bob is great this engine is the first time I have used him and I will use him for everything high performance .His price on parts might be because he is good mates with chris mills and has been around racing for a very long time .Still does racing cars now last weekend one of his boys few to south oz to fix someones racecar . His work so far has been first class .
For someone that has been around fast cars and racing as long as bob has he still is very easy to deal with and talk to .Most people with only half of his past didn't give me the time of day .
I could go on forever on how good he is but I am sure after talking to him you would already get this feeling .
close enough is not good enough for bob only perfect
Old 08-22-2005, 05:47   #6 (permalink)

Is there a kill switch hidden somewhere that u have accidentley knocked.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:58   #7 (permalink)

Dont you just luv it when something goes right!! at least it sounds like your engine builder is on the ball, Exact same thing has happened to me engine builder excellent, tranny builder excellent, diff guy slow but excellent workmanship and the auto electrican what a f@#$%*N dodo, complains about not having enough money but cant work until october cause he is too busy, i will have a tafe course done before then and do it myself,Any way sounds like a PHAT engine. Just read latest Extreme magazine and a safron colored xy is in there (10.5 at 130 2V 393) and i have new found inspiration.
AZZA
azza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:12   #8 (permalink)

Did you read in his engine mods it says ACTIVE manifold but for the engine in manswettos ad it has a TFC manifold. What is going on there.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:13   #9 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Na no kill switch .
It sucks there is always something the engine builder would have had the car back to me in one day which was alot faster than I expected and now this .
Tomorrow is another day and another coil will be tried .If that fails back to the start .
Old 08-22-2005, 12:18   #10 (permalink)

Make sure the light on your box is on when the key goes to start. The wire that goes to your "ignition" may be connected to an accessories line which is deactivated when you go to "start", in which case you'd unknowingly be switching it off.

Can't wait to hear the results!!

You have an immobiliser?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech