Ford Forums banner

Valvoline Synthetic

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  4vxc 
#1 ·
has anyone tried the 10w50 full synthetic Valvoline Synpower oil in a cleveland? its about $20 cheaper for 5L than Mobile1 5w50.

#3 ·
jim1320 said:
I just starting running valvoline synthetic 20w -50 w about 15 passes on the oil ok so far 393 stroker cleveland best time to date 10.72 et 124 mph jim1320 :priest:

Jim,

I'm not going to try to be a dickhead...but without a simple comparison, the time and MPH mean nothing...sure, we can spend the time to look up your last pass to see if there is a benefit to running the oil, but my point is that if there is a benefit from using the Valvoline, why not just it forth as such without the research required?

Also, if you've always been running it, why not just say so? If it is recent, give us some kind of impression as to how you like it. To me, a 10.72 is worse than walking down the track...but to others, it is flying like the wind. I think that most of us here know that your car is a full body ride, but why not at least put INTO CONTEXT your message content so that it doesn't require memorization of your details in order to understand whether it is a good thing or a bad thing?

Obviously, we can assume that you think it is good because you didn't say anything bad, but you didn't really say anything good about it either. Is 15 passes on an oil change something that you feel is good? How can we possibly tell?

Actually, what we got was "ok so far." In other words, you're doing no sort of promoting the oil as being worthwhile, just that it hasn't let you down so far. I don't think that it matters whether you're running the cheapest dino oil on the planet or the most expensive laboratory designed lubricant available to NASA...we're getting the same level of commentary from you regardless. Do me a favor, will ya? Don't bother...OR...bother a bit more informatively, okay?!

:davis:

#4 ·
davis said:
To me, a 10.72 is worse than walking down the track...but to others, it is flying like the wind. I think that most of us here know that your car is a full body ride
I think most here will relate to a 10.72 in a full weight ford more, than a
7.961 pass in a 580kg(with you in it) non ford, 4 wheeled thing-a-mejig.
Still, 184.07mph would be a buzz.

#7 ·
4vxc said:
what I was interested in were things like, does the oil maintain viscosity and oil pressure when hot, oil analysis results at oil change time etc., compared to Mobile 1 5w-50.
Yeah...my point exactly! I notice when running synthetics are that my engine runs quieter, even with mechanical roller lifters. Jim, if you're not pissed off at me, tell us something about anything you've observed running it compared to what oil you've run in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.