Weiand X-cellerator 2V - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2005, 21:52   #1 (permalink)
Mean & Green Machine

Weiand X-cellerator 2V

Just wanted to know who's running one and what carby they are running.
Particularly intersested in anyone who is running one on a near stock engine (with just a cam change) and if they're running a DP if they have flooding issues and how they've overcome them , or a VS and if they experienced any issues getting the secondaries to activate because of the cam and how they've overcome them.
conan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 17:35   #2 (permalink)
Mean & Green Machine

Re: Weiand X-cellerator 2V

Can no-one help me out?
Old 08-09-2005, 20:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan1
Can no-one help me out?
Mosy here probably answered u on the other forum allready.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:43   #4 (permalink)

vacum secs are heaps easier to use , you have to get used to a dp,
mates got a 600 vs 1850 on his and has no trouble , hes unsure of motor specs thou
pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:49   #5 (permalink)

i had ran a weiand 2v for a long time, i never had any problems with it though. mine pulled 7000rpms on a hyd cam without any problems. i ran a holley 750 dp for a while til i switched to a demon, my only suggestion that i can come up with its putting a vacuum guage on your manifold and setting your power-valve accordingly, perhaps your powervalve opens earlier than it needs to, allowing more fuel flow at low rpm and you may not be at full advance yet,causing it to flood, my only suggestion about a vac secondary is to throw it in the garbage, with any decent cam the secondaries will give you a hard time tuning. if you tell me what rpm it floods at and what cam you have and if you have headers and whats trans and stall you have i may be able to trouble shoot some more for you. good luck -RYan
musclemustang8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 16:25   #6 (permalink)
Mean & Green Machine

Thumbs up Re: Weiand X-cellerator 2V

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemustang8
i had ran a weiand 2v for a long time, i never had any problems with it though. mine pulled 7000rpms on a hyd cam without any problems. i ran a holley 750 dp for a while til i switched to a demon, my only suggestion that i can come up with its putting a vacuum guage on your manifold and setting your power-valve accordingly, perhaps your powervalve opens earlier than it needs to, allowing more fuel flow at low rpm and you may not be at full advance yet,causing it to flood, my only suggestion about a vac secondary is to throw it in the garbage, with any decent cam the secondaries will give you a hard time tuning. if you tell me what rpm it floods at and what cam you have and if you have headers and whats trans and stall you have i may be able to trouble shoot some more for you. good luck -RYan
Thanks for the offer definately appreciate any advice. Will let you know - everything is set just need a carby 650DP and bolt it up and see how it goes.
Old 08-11-2005, 20:34   #7 (permalink)

I have a Weiand and 750dp (and mild cam) - but have a manual gearbox box with no issues.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:34   #8 (permalink)
Mean & Green Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
I have a Weiand and 750dp (and mild cam) - but have a manual gearbox box with no issues.
Hey TruBlu351 - long time no hear.Do you think I'll have any issues with flooding? It's one of those things where everyone has a differing opinion. What do you think?(I have a lot of respect for your opinions). It's a 302 Clevo rebuilt standard 10,000kms ago with LPG in mind and had Domed pistons thrown in to up the comp a bit. I have put a Blueracer cam in it (#972855) 2800-5800 and new lifters. Got my hands on a 2000 stall for the C10 (3500 originally) just for this so as to get some numbers on the Dyno and a slip at the track while I have my engine out. Looking to offload it pretty quick to get some cash flow. Looking for 200rwkw's - do you think I'll get it??
Old 08-12-2005, 05:58   #9 (permalink)

I think the weiand has WAY too big/wide of inlet ports personally. I would opt for any single plain with smaller inlet runners(maybe redline?) or something with better airflow.
I have used the weiand for about 7 years, but got spoilt when i ran a real manifold just recently.
Did i mention how bit the weiand ports are. hahaha
(shaynet, i acually found out that the xy i talk about doing 11.7 had a redline)
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14   #10 (permalink)
Mean & Green Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
I think the weiand has WAY too big/wide of inlet ports personally. I would opt for any single plain with smaller inlet runners(maybe redline?) or something with better airflow.
I have used the weiand for about 7 years, but got spoilt when i ran a real manifold just recently.
Did i mention how bit the weiand ports are. hahaha
(shaynet, i acually found out that the xy i talk about doing 11.7 had a redline)
The weiand is because i have it sitting in the shed and have found whenever I've put it on an engine it gives 30-50hp straight up no matter what it is as long as it's got a decent carby. It's more for the ooh-aah appeal to a buyer and to achieve the best power figure I can get (and 1/4 time) - I agree that a dual-plain (even stock with some clean up and port work) smaller single plain would be more effecient but I'm on a VERY tight budget to make some money off it without doing too much other than a Dyno tune next.I need to have this done yesterday and the engine is being dropped in as we speak and am just waiting on the carby (setherial). Your running 750DP on 351ci? Do you think the 650DP is too big or should I go for a 600DP (if i can find one second-hand cheap soon!!) What do you think about the cam on a stock valvetrain? I will be rev-limiting it at 5500 - do you think this should be allright?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech