what heads r u using? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2005, 23:08   #1 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

what heads r u using?

hi all
Just wondering what heads & cube combinations we are using
cheers pete
xbhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2005, 23:16   #2 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Re: what heads r u using?

351 + 218cc CHI's. Was using a weiand xcelerator but now have the matching CHI manifold.

Brenden
Old 02-08-2005, 23:25   #3 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

whats the latest on the tranny ?
Old 02-08-2005, 23:30   #4 (permalink)

351 stroked to a 416w super victor heads matched with a Super Victor manifold (4500-8000 RPM)
Old 02-08-2005, 23:41   #5 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbhoon
whats the latest on the tranny ?
I've found a place who does C4's in Bayswater http://www.automatictransmission.com.au/ . Which was recommended by Alex another FF user. I spoke with Rodney the owner who is quite confident I won't hurt one of their C4's. Cost $2725 no c/o for a C4. They have the box's behind 650hp engines without issues. When I pay off a $1200 debt I have which shouldn't be too far off. I'm going to go see him (Rodney) when the debts paid. Rodney is also willing to do R&D with the C4 if I break it. I'll still have to buy a 4500rpm convertor. I have a few questions such as durability on the street. He suggested I run 4.8 gears which isn't practical or going to happen. I'd run out of rpm over a 1/4. I don't want an engine that does a 1/4 mile then explodes due to excessive high rpm. It does sound good but Rodney and I have to convince myself that it's going to be a reliable cost effective choice. As I do piles of k's not just 1000k's a year etc. I'd do 10,000min per year roughly which varies depending on other modifications I do through-out the year.

He didn't recommend the glide due to the tall 1st. Which is common but he did say the glide would be a faultless set and forget box.

Cost wise between a glide and C4 is about $500-$900

The trans I built myself for some reason is slow to engage fwd gears and slips. It engages them hard (like it should). Reverse works flawlessly. ROFL. I think the front clutches need replacing, although they looked fine. Not hard to sort but it's a box out job. It's also hard to diag when my engines running like a pile of turd. I need a tune!

Brenden
Old 02-08-2005, 23:49   #6 (permalink)

$2700 for a c4 you are getting ripped off. Why dont you give RACE GLIDES a ring. They do everthing to there boxes and cheaper than that. I know of a guy in queensland that builds c4s and you can drive around the street with a 5500 stall. They have a solenoid in the back of the gearbox with a switch on your shifter that locks in the convertor at low revs. They use them everwhere in america.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 23:52   #7 (permalink)
74 XB Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
$2700 for a c4 you are getting ripped off. Why dont you give RACE GLIDES a ring. They do everthing to there boxes and cheaper than that. I know of a guy in queensland that builds c4s and you can drive around the street with a 5500 stall. They have a solenoid in the back of the gearbox with a switch on your shifter that locks in the convertor at low revs. They use them everwhere in america.
Raceglides? Have you actually spoken with Hugo? Hugo quoted me $5000 to go glide. So I doubt his C4's are any cheaper. raceglides are the dearest of the lot I've found.

Does the bloke in QLD have an email address? As I honestly CBF spending/wasting $ on phone calls for something that maybe not worth having.

Brenden
Old 02-09-2005, 00:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
Also would like to know about the solenoid idea, got a contact for this guy in Queensland?

And in answer to the original question: 378cc and 2V irons..
Old 02-09-2005, 00:36   #9 (permalink)
xbgt coupe 378 efi

what output strokedxd?
Old 02-09-2005, 00:46   #10 (permalink)

360RWHP on a Dynodynamics chassis dyno.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech