Ford Forums banner

Where can I find forged pistons for 400m low compression?

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  clevo400 
#1 ·
As the title says, Where can I find low compression forged pistons for a 400m, running standard rods? I believe you can modify Clevo pistons to fit, but it results in higher comp, plus they are flat tops, and I want dished pistons. thanks

#3 ·
Hello CRUSHU 150.
Do the pistons need to be forged? Why the low compression? It is not easy to find such pistons made specifically for the 400. You can resleeve the rods to accomodate the smaller diameter wrist pins of the 351 Cleveland pistons. Then you can select a forged dished Cleveland piston to suit your needs.
An alternative is to buy Flat top 400 pistons and machine a dish to gain the desired compression. If you are interested in this route then let me know.
Craig

G
#4 ·
i beleive he is looking for forgies because he is whacking a blower on top of it...

Crushu F150: did you shoot off an email to the guy i mentioned in my PM

on the 351 dished forgies, i didnt know you could get them, where can i get some, for a reasonable price?? as i am putting a blower on my 351, and want to build a nice solid bottom end to swap into it at a later date so i can run more boost..

#5 ·
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269211

Check this link out. The above link is from a guy who I believe has custom made 400 pistons at reasonable prices. From the sounds of it, though, they are hypers. Search the 335/Clev. forum in this site(ford-trucks.com) and you'll come up with many posts on this topic. The link to his shop is posted below. According to many on that board, he's the guy(Tim Meyer) to talk to about 351M and 400 pistons. Hope it helps out a bit.

Dave

http://www.tmeyerinc.com/

#6 ·
Hello Dave.
I bought some 400 hyper flat top pistons for my 400 recently. They have an increased deck height and give 10.5:1 CR in a standard 400 block. Tim also has 400 flat top hyper pistons that give approx. 9.4:1 CR in a standard 400 block.
I don't think they make forged 400 Ford pistons. You can pick up cast standard dished 400 Pistons but are not suitable for CRUSHU obviously. Albert and Childs make dished 351 Cleveland forged pistons I believe. This might be the best solution?
Cheers
Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.