Why Would You Buy CHI When New AFD Out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 17:02   #1 (permalink)

Why Would You Buy CHI When New AFD Out

These are the new heads AFD have just made. They are far superior than CHI heads. They are making 2 piece manifolds as well now.

http://www.airflowdynamics.com.au/

Now what have all you CHI guys have to say about this. You still reckon AFD are sht. Hey brenx i seen in one of your forum postd that you was going to go to the 218 heads. I think you better take a look at these old mate. I bet you would want a set of these beautys on that big green turd. Only joking. AFD ROCKS. Just giving DAVE a bit of a plug. FULLY SICK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 18:43   #2 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Re: Why Would You Buy CHI When New AFD Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochunter
These are the new heads AFD have just made. They are far superior than CHI heads. They are making 2 piece manifolds as well now.

Now what have all you CHI guys have to say about this. You still reckon AFD are sht. Hey brenx i seen in one of your forum postd that you was going to go to the 218 heads. I think you better take a look at these old mate. I bet you would want a set of these beautys on that big green turd. Only joking. AFD ROCKS. Just giving DAVE a bit of a plug. FULLY SICK.
you stirer you

I would'nt say they a far superior though... well maybe a little
Old 08-15-2005, 20:43   #3 (permalink)

You crack me up... Ilike your open and honest opnion
Ofcorse they are better
(brenx couldnt handle the 218's.. Hold on, he allready does. hehe)

Last edited by xdclevo; 08-16-2005 at 00:21. Reason: spell HANDLE correct
Old 08-15-2005, 21:06   #4 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Its good to see that there is competition for both chi and afd .
This will keep both on their toes for price and quality .
I still think that both companies suit different set ups .

PS I look forward to reading the next 4 pages of this thread and after that we will see.
Old 08-15-2005, 21:32   #5 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
Its good to see that there is competition for both chi and afd .
This will keep both on their toes for price and quality .
I still think that both companies suit different set ups .

PS I look forward to reading the next 4 pages of this thread and after that we will see.
We need Bennett to come out and produce YT clevo heads..... i'm sure things will heat up if that ever happens!!
Old 08-15-2005, 21:51   #6 (permalink)

But you must admit Dave at AFD has produced something here thats going to rock the cleveland boys. AFD ROCKS. FULLY SICK.
Old 08-15-2005, 21:56   #7 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Quote:

Again It seems the mighty crochunter has opened his mouth and spewed out a vast array of verbal diarrhea, but its good to finally see a pretty equal comparison with similar cubes, compression, carby, extractors and well almost similar camshaft to compare my 408 cubed windsor to.
The differences between my setup and the one on the AFD site is obviously the heads (im using the CHI 3v 200cc the first released, and obviously there using the AFD4v) and camshaft mines a solid roller camshaft with 248/254 duration @ 50 with 670thou lift and theres is a soild flat tappet camshaft with specs as stated on the AFD site AFD2642M 316/334 264/272 Mech 3800/7500 .361"/.372" .626"/.645" .025"/.025" 108. pretty similar camshafts except mines got 30 thou more lift and well heaps less duration if anything with AFDs access to engine dyno and facilities and hours spent tuning, and the fact mine was assembled in a friends back shed and only been on a chasis dyno twice i concider my combo to be at a bit of a disadvantage, others may see this differently. My dyno figures as ive stated are 459rwhp on pump fuel (U98 as used by AFD as well) which on the dyno dynamics chasis dyno figured to 580 odd fwhp with only regraphing the distributor and an untouched BG carby. The AFD made 598 fwhp with more duration higher cfm heads and bulk hours on dynotuning. So as far as the AFDs being superior Id say not but im sure others that are mis informed or just ignorant like crochunter may disagree at the end of the day it just means more alternatives for us Ford enthusiasts and greater value for money as competition will always drive prices down.
Old 08-15-2005, 22:19   #8 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony xa
I still think that both companies suit different set ups.
Care to elaborate Tony? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2005, 22:28   #9 (permalink)
Big Motor Top Loader !!

Quote:
But you must admit Dave at AFD has produced something here thats going to rock the cleveland boys. AFD ROCKS. FULLY SICK.
now your starting to sound like the CHI groupie above
Old 08-15-2005, 22:31   #10 (permalink)
BLOWNXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgt
you stirer you

I would'nt say they a far superior though... well maybe a little
What and you dont
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech