Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why Would You Buy CHI When New AFD Out

21K views 130 replies 30 participants last post by  GMACK24 
#1 ·
These are the new heads AFD have just made. They are far superior than CHI heads. They are making 2 piece manifolds as well now.

http://www.airflowdynamics.com.au/

Now what have all you CHI guys have to say about this. You still reckon AFD are sht. :priest: Hey brenx i seen in one of your forum postd that you was going to go to the 218 heads. I think you better take a look at these old mate. I bet you would want a set of these beautys on that big green turd. Only joking. AFD ROCKS. Just giving DAVE a bit of a plug. FULLY SICK.

#28 ·
John Kasse who is he!! unimportant!! what you smoking crochunter?? If i had a choice between you and john to build me a engine it would be John and if you do not like it go and develop your own head's and call them croc of shit 2.5 v's and dont sell them to the yank's.
AZZA

#30 ·
Hey Crochunter if the heat is to hot get out of the kitchen! As usual every thread turn's into a slanging match because you read to many car magazine's and think you know everything. You dish out criticism and sarcasim but can't take it back. Now i was not going to call any one any name's but you asked for it. You are a ************ and probably grout filled your ass instead of your 351 block and installed a isky spring over your pecker, and secretly lay around in diaper's wanking to holden astra's.
AZZA AZZAHOLE

#31 ·
They finally released them hey. I was talking to the dude from AFD a while back about these heads, the more out there to choose from the better. These AFD heads look to be the goods especially if you have the cubes, good for the people who have windsor based strokers up to the 460cubes that can be had from the 9.5 block, the 3V's don't have the top end these AFD's have.

EDIT- just found where I'm going to get a manifold to fit my 2V's on my 9.5 block, beats making one. AFD rock.

#36 ·
crochunter said:
Hey AZZA old mate tell us what heads you run old son. Or are you still trying to put the huskvarna head of your chainsaw on your cleveland. Liven up boy settle back have a bit of a laugh and drink a few :beerbottl :beerbottl :beerbottl . See you AZZA in next topic.
Heh croc instead of talkin the talk why don't you post up some pics of your project that is if there is 1, And why not talk about this engine you're building, Oh I'm sorry because earlier you said "When I build my engine", So you have the funnelweb now so that gives you 8 options of where to place your pecker instead of your hand. AZZA my thoughts exactly.

#37 ·
crochunter said:
Hey AZZA old mate tell us what heads you run old son. Or are you still trying to put the huskvarna head of your chainsaw on your cleveland. Liven up boy settle back have a bit of a laugh and drink a few :beerbottl :beerbottl :beerbottl . See you AZZA in next topic.
croc, do you think you will finally hit the 9's this time?

#38 ·
why buy CHI, let me think (TD cortina,1000cfm race demon, TFC intake-ported, Cleaned up CHI 3v heads on a 408 clev bottom end with 270@ 50" solid roller, first time out to the track 9.86 @ 136).The AFDs look like good heads and every one has there favourite, let the war begine, why fit we all like fords , should be FORDS KIK AZZ

Attachments

#41 ·
crochunter said:
Alright XD408 when i get my motor done we will see who is far superior TOSS. And this wont be run on methanol like yours. Ans also you said you was going to bigger cam. So what u saying AFD still not good. I think u better take a closer look at the figures. Just admit it that motor he built is alot better than yours. And at alot less cost. And these heads are off the shelf power not like yours that have had money and time spent on them. So give up now just admit it AFD ROCKS. FULLY SICK. PS: I bet BRENX buys some AFD.
Crochunter i dont know what the **** your smoking but you should leave that shit alone. I said at one stage i was going to run methanol but after concideration decided against it and yes i am going to a larger durationed camshaft cause as everyone has stated with more cubes a larger matched camshaft is required. But all of this has absolutely nothing to do with what i was talking bout my engine and figures as stated were as it is now with the smaller camshaft and as far as spending mega cash on my heads, i spent $600 on a hand port job and as stated these 3v heads i have are not the 218cc 3vs these are the original 3vs (200cc) that first that came out so I dont see how my comparison is that different to the unported off the shelf AFD's. And ofcourse he would have spent less than me you ****n knob he owns the company and im sure gets his parts far cheaper :nuts:. I never said AFD were shit I still believe CHI produce a better product but im biased cause i have a pair and as tony stated each suits a different applications mine is always going to be a street/strip car, maybe the AFDs would be a better option for an all out drag car. As i said before it just means weve got more options and its better for all of us.

#43 ·
It would seem neither are the best choice. I believe Balinor has the fastest < 351 cube Falcon on these forums, and he doesn't run them.

Actually its a very good example for everyone. The biggest heads or the biggest cam doesn't win, its the best designed combo that does. Something that only comes with experience...

#44 ·
Actually its a very good example for everyone. The biggest heads or the biggest cam doesn't win, its the best designed combo that does. Something that only comes with experience...[/QUOTE]
Well said experience counts for a lot, we have bought a few TFC intakes off of Graeme Cerini and talking to him about heads he almost exlusivley uses 4v closed chambers and he was saying he will make 670-680 with a single carb, his manifold and a solid roller, but good untouched 4vs can be hard to find, he had no heads at the time that is why i went to CHIs

#45 ·
[/QUOTE]Well said experience counts for a lot, we have bought a few TFC intakes off of Graeme Cerini and talking to him about heads he almost exlusivley uses 4v closed chambers and he was saying he will make 670-680 with a single carb, his manifold and a solid roller, but good untouched 4vs can be hard to find, he had no heads at the time that is why i went to CHIs[/QUOTE]

Hey mate how you going? See you race at Benaraby all the time. Your getting some pretty good times outa that XR8. Didn't you used to race a red XE, XD that ran 10's?

#48 ·
XFFAIRMONT said:
Do you have another car which you are building for strip purposes only or just sticking with the XR8.

I have a 66 XR falcon ute, ladder bars etc, car almost finished ,still building eng. engine is a dart block 4.185 bore 8.2 deck 3.47 crank=380 ci CHI heads (not another set of CHI heads) roller cam with LARGE single garret B/B turbo, will be experimenting with my first blow throw carby set up will be trying av gas and methanol, can't wait to get this to the track

#49 ·
Racer said:
It would seem neither are the best choice. I believe Balinor has the fastest < 351 cube Falcon on these forums, and he doesn't run them.

Actually its a very good example for everyone. The biggest heads or the biggest cam doesn't win, its the best designed combo that does. Something that only comes with experience...
balinor doesn't have a cleveland. I've got a few suprises on the way also :priest:

#51 ·
Racer said:
The engine doesn't know whats underneath the heads - its just a 351 cube air pump.
Thats right. The relevance of stating a windsor (347 stroker) to a cleveand with whatever heads is irrelevant. If balinor had ran those times with a clevo. Your statement would have more substance. It's like comparing a clevo to a chev. It just isn't the same. What works for one engine type won't work for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.