Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why Would You Buy CHI When New AFD Out

21K views 130 replies 30 participants last post by  GMACK24 
#1 ·
These are the new heads AFD have just made. They are far superior than CHI heads. They are making 2 piece manifolds as well now.

http://www.airflowdynamics.com.au/

Now what have all you CHI guys have to say about this. You still reckon AFD are sht. :priest: Hey brenx i seen in one of your forum postd that you was going to go to the 218 heads. I think you better take a look at these old mate. I bet you would want a set of these beautys on that big green turd. Only joking. AFD ROCKS. Just giving DAVE a bit of a plug. FULLY SICK.

#78 ·
The more head options we have to choose from, the better prepared we will be to humble every owner of an LS1 or hair dryer with our old cast iron boat anchor blocks, (be them C or W).

(off the topic - sorry)

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'm a happy chappy 'cos I got my wheels back on the road. I've had to pull the 351 out so am temporarilly using a spare 302C stocker. Oh it feels so good, and I also treated myself to a Gilmer. I was naughty and put on my alloy "351" rocker covers and I didn't mask over the "5.8" badges, but I wont tell if you dont. :shh:

#79 ·
TruBlu351 said:
What type of clutch disc were you running in that davis? and clutch "side step" rpm @ launch?
There was no "side stepping" the clutch! I was babying the transmission. I don't remember which flywheel, clutch disc and pressure plate assembly I ran, but they were all excellent quality parts and properly set up. I bought the flywheel new from a mate who was building a 408 and decided to go automatic. The pressure plate and disc were likely from McLeod, but I don't remember these kinds of details very long. I sold that car two or three years ago.

I basically slipped the clutch enough to get moving and worked in the throttle as quickly as traction would accept it. The car was very light in the ass-end, but traction was very good with the Caltracs.

The car was really fun to drive on the street. It had a very nice idle and great exhaust note. The 347 was based on a Scat 4340 stroker kit with H-beams and flat tops. The heads were CNC ported and custom hand finished. In retrospect, I probably should have gone with a set of killer alloys. I ran av-gas in the beast back when it was cheaper than what PULP prices are today. It would have been fun to have built it with a set of AFD 2Vs for a "Boss 347," but I didn't want to go through the headache of custom extractors for it.

:davis:

#84 ·
TruBlu351 said:
Well, its 3:06pm and you should be about finishing the in install right? :hy:

Keep us posted on how they go!!
little while to go yet mate, but i will for sure :)

they need a little more porting apparently before being put into service :driver:

#88 ·
crochunter said:
Yeah N/P. I didnt want to sell it . But these things happen. There was other things in my life at the time. But i will be back. Even quicker than before. I have brought a XT Falcon. Just have to put the animal back into it. Just takes time. I am more a less starting from scratch again. I would love to have the XD back but these things do happen. I sold the car way too cheap. I wont say how much but it was way too cheap for what i spent on it. I spent 3 times the amount on it for what i sold it for. But yeah i might come across to some people as being a wanker on the forums but i only having fun. Forums would be a bit boring if there wasnt someone on here giving people shit. But we will all meet at a dragstrip somewhere in the mainland and have a few grudge matches and a few beers. Well thats all for now. LOVE U ALL :priest: . FULLY SICK.
so i see you to have kissed and made up. :beerbottl

#93 ·
Hi Guys,, i cant find the bit on the afd web site that shows why afd heads are better than chi with the same sort of combo?

Cheers Marty

#97 ·
crochunter said:
These are the new heads AFD have just made. They are far superior than CHI heads. They are making 2 piece manifolds as well now.

http://www.airflowdynamics.com.au/

Now what have all you CHI guys have to say about this. You still reckon AFD are sht. :priest: Hey brenx i seen in one of your forum postd that you was going to go to the 218 heads. I think you better take a look at these old mate. I bet you would want a set of these beautys on that big green turd. Only joking. AFD ROCKS. Just giving DAVE a bit of a plug. FULLY SICK.
HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD A LOOK AT THE EDELBROCK ALUMINUM HEADS FOR FORD CLEV ,CLOSE TO A CHI HEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.