Windsor Stroked To 454 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2005, 16:13   #1 (permalink)

Windsor Stroked To 454

I have a book here that shows how to stroke a 351 windsor to 454. Now that would be nice.
crochunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2005, 17:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: Windsor Stroked To 454

I was looking at doing one of these combos. Only problem being not to much info in Australia on them. Try looking at the Keith Craft web site. American guru with ford engines and a couple of interesting articles as well.
xw383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 20:58   #3 (permalink)

I spent a lot of hours machining my 414 more than 50 just on the crank alone, its a 400 clevo, i had to turn the counter weights down then insert mallory to put the weight back in it, turn the snout down and back, relive the bottoms of the bores, and mill part of the oil pump landing just to get it to turn in there.
I'd hate to know what you have to do to get it out to 454.
coupe414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 19:02   #4 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

I'm sure you have to use an aftermarket block to achieve 454, such as an SVO.

Now imagine 500 cubes spinning to 8000 RPM.
(Sorry, I know this is a Cleveland forum, but they are blood-brothers).

"No officer, it's just a 351 with a hole in the exhaust"

"While a stock block can be built to be reliable, if you're planning a serious effort with high horsepower and high rpm's, it's time to look at an SVO block. SVO's 4-bolt 351W block can safely handle 1300+ horsepower and is the end-all to durability concerns. There has been much talk as to how much rpm the large journals of a 351W can endure. Some people say that bearing failure is inevitable above 6500 rpm and others say it is even lower. We've found that as long as there is adequate oil pressure and volume, the 351W is happy spinning at rpms as high as 8500. The main journals are larger than most small blocks, but they're smaller than many big blocks, and it's not uncommon to see 500 cubic inchers spinning to 8000+ rpm. Don't be afraid of buzzing your stroked Windsor as long as your oiling system and valve train is up to the task. Circle track racers routinely see 8500 rpm with their 351W's."

http://www.alternativeauto.com/water..._strokers.html

http://www.flatlanderracing.com/stroker351w454.html
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 20:50   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe414
I spent a lot of hours machining my 414 more than 50 just on the crank alone, its a 400 clevo, i had to turn the counter weights down then insert mallory to put the weight back in it, turn the snout down and back, relive the bottoms of the bores, and mill part of the oil pump landing just to get it to turn in there.
I'd hate to know what you have to do to get it out to 454.
I had the same issues years ago with a 426. $1200 worth of mallory alone.

Now all you do is buy a pre-made $500 crank and throw it in.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech