Xb Custom Duel Cab Show Ute - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 15:39   #1 (permalink)
XW GT

Xb Custom Duel Cab Show Ute

hey guys there a xb duel cab show ute in the quokka today in PERTH. just curious to see if anyone has seen this car b4 or nows alot about it, (hey maybe the owner is on here) it is blue tri colour pearl. black interior roll bar, gt bonnet grill & dash mild 351 c4 auto, sound like a beast and would mind picking her up if all checks out well. asking 12k which may be a little steep but then again could be worth it. supposed to be fully engineered and police cleared.
ideas and feedback please.
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2005, 04:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xb Custom Duel Cab Show Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERXY
hey guys there a xb duel cab show ute in the quokka today in PERTH. just curious to see if anyone has seen this car b4 or nows alot about it, (hey maybe the owner is on here) it is blue tri colour pearl. black interior roll bar, gt bonnet grill & dash mild 351 c4 auto, sound like a beast and would mind picking her up if all checks out well. asking 12k which may be a little steep but then again could be worth it. supposed to be fully engineered and police cleared.

I would like to see some pics of it, if possible. Sounds interesing.
Old 12-11-2005, 21:59   #3 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

Probably just a wagon that's been massaged by an angle grinder.
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 23:44   #4 (permalink)
XW GT

Yeah Probably, Havent Had Time To Go For A Nosey But Would Be Interesting To See Whats Been Done
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:34   #5 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Re: Xb Custom Dual Cab Show Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERXY
You may want to consider using "dual" to mean "composed of two usually like or complementary parts" and "duel" meaning "a prearranged, formal combat between two persons."

:davis:
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:39   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis
You may want to consider using "dual" to mean "composed of two usually like or complementary parts" and "duel" meaning "a prearranged, formal combat between two persons."

Is that a challenge?

The biggest thing I miss about the US down here is watching the Tough Man competition!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
old B - new B

its a showdown between the front and the back seats.
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 00:34   #8 (permalink)
351 XE on LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis
How long you been in Washington Davis?

Your profile suggests that you're running a 7.9 sec F100. Now that would be a challenge.
Rhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:27   #9 (permalink)
'60 F100 Q-Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett
How long you been in Washington Davis?

Your profile suggests that you're running a 7.9 sec F100. Now that would be a challenge.

I bought a house in Washington state on a golf course this past summer. It isn't much to look at, but come spring time I'll have it repainted and the landscaping done up properly.

Yeah, I don't think an F100 would do a high 7 second quarter if you dropped if off of a 1mi high cliff!

Seriously, these profiles are worthless. You can only have one car. I entered my dragster time in long ago, but I'm building my F100 at the moment. A look at the "Member Timeslips" shows the data and the 256" WB RED being responsible for the times. I haven't ran the truck yet...and won't until after its painted, which means that it will have to wait until the tracks here open up in the spring unless I want to trailer it down to Arizona (though Las Vegas would work, too)...which is really doubtful. No sense in driving 2000+ mi round trip just to run a high 12 or something. If I'm going anywhere in the trailer before spring, it is going to be with the RED in the back.

All of the tracks up here (at least somewhat nearby) are 1/8th mile tracks. I haven't raced an 1/8th since 1981 in Texas...in a 427 SOHC '66 fastback...when you could still buy 104 leaded premium out of the Sunoco stations (for damn near a buck-fifty a gallon!) and drive up to the drive-thru liquor store and order a beer for the road.

...times have changed a bit since then.

I've thought about changing the oil pan and fitting the spare 393 in the F100, but then I'd have to build extractors for it and find a transmission that will take it...and before too long, it starts sounding a whole lot like work...especially since I just got the 357" in it. No, better to sell it and just work on the new car for a few months.

davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 15:50   #10 (permalink)

You'd only need a 400m high cliff, and as far as my cogs crunch the numbers........

9.03 @ 184mph (not counting wind resistance on that big brick)

But so would my apple if I dropped it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech