XE Falcon Mod - XY Shaker - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2004, 01:22   #1 (permalink)
82XE 351c

XE Falcon Mod - XY Shaker

Hey guys

I am just about finished putting my 351c into my XE falcon, and I am wanting to put a shaker on top.

Has anyone got a shaker on an XE already?
any probs with police etc?

also does anyone know a good cheap place for setups, I have heaps of books but I cant get a good look. Would preferr all Black top/no lines painted....
When you buy the shaker setup, do they come with the bottom part where the element is contained?

one more, if I fit a shaker now, and then change my intake manifold, still low rise, will I have issues, will it change much in height around the bonnet?
any probs with bonnet strength?
sorry this questions are everywhere :)

Thx in advance
cheers Pracy

p.s. someone tell me I can have a dual exhaust with the plastic tank, I dont care if they come out the same side...aslong as it works?....
pracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 03:18   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: XE Falcon Mod - XY Shaker

I've seen shakers on XD's & XE's, but i prefer them without.

What about colour coding the shaker to the rest of the car, and smooth the fins over on the top?

I remember reading somewhere that a 3inch single system works better on the clevo instead of a twin system. There is a "swirl" effect with the exhaust gasses, and the single system seemed to suit this better. The dual system can be done out the same side though. What size were you thinking of? twin 2 inch, 2 1/4 inch?
Old 11-27-2004, 03:29   #3 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pracy
Hey guys

I am just about finished putting my 351c into my XE falcon, and I am wanting to put a shaker on top.

Has anyone got a shaker on an XE already?
any probs with police etc?

also does anyone know a good cheap place for setups, I have heaps of books but I cant get a good look. Would preferr all Black top/no lines painted....
When you buy the shaker setup, do they come with the bottom part where the element is contained?

one more, if I fit a shaker now, and then change my intake manifold, still low rise, will I have issues, will it change much in height around the bonnet?
any probs with bonnet strength?
sorry this questions are everywhere :)

Thx in advance
cheers Pracy

p.s. someone tell me I can have a dual exhaust with the plastic tank, I dont care if they come out the same side...aslong as it works?....
ESP on here has a Shaker on his XE ESP i reckon it looks trick.I think he has a pic of his car in the Gallery.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 03:55   #4 (permalink)
82XE 351c

yeah i like the idea of a shaker on an XE, was hoping someone could tell the story of installing one....
my car has all the badges shaved and all totally smooth moza red, so it needs someting diff, smoothing to shaker would be cool, in black. :)
Old 11-27-2004, 05:40   #5 (permalink)
ESP Man

See www.americanautos.com.au They have replica shaker including the bottom bit for $297
Old 11-27-2004, 06:53   #6 (permalink)

I reckon they look great on the XD/E's but have heard from a reputable panel shop that the bonnet sheet metal on XD/E's is a bit thin and you will end up with some distortions from having a hole.

Can be fixed with re-inforcement strap welded on the engine side but then you're up for a respray.

It's for this reason I went for a Hornet scoop which bolts down across the hole, which is quite a bit smaller anyway than the hole for a shaker.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:18   #7 (permalink)

Yes, the shaker scoops look great on XD-F's.

They are legal to fit (low, rounded and plastic) and won't give the cops any illegal sticker opportunities.

Your manifold changes should be OK. The stocky, performer and xcelerator manifolds are real close to eachother.

The shaker comes in a complete kit. Intake, air filter housing and rubber seal for bonnet to sit on. There's also a fiberglass surround that glues to the bonnet after the hole has been cut out, giving a nice smooth finish. You could also buy a strip of plastic/rubber seal that pushes onto the sheet metal edge.

Fitting - I believe there's a template that comes with the kit?
Old 11-27-2004, 17:36   #8 (permalink)
82XE 351c

thanks heaps for the replys guys!! the kit sounds pretty complete and around the money i was thinking.... :)

I am concerned with the strength though! is there anyone here who has just cut the hole and been happy? how distorted :p did it become and how fast? I am going to install a 2nd strut as a minimum so when it raises its not bending...
Old 11-27-2004, 20:10   #9 (permalink)

Ive got one on mine thats just got the hole cut and no strapping. There is no distortion.

http://members.cardomain.com/gandog
MikGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 21:01   #10 (permalink)

I bought the fibreglass shaker replica had nothing but trouble it really limits all possibilities for upgrades, cant run MSD dizzys with, the shaker hitts the adjusting screws on the DP carbs. But worst of all the fibreglass is such a good inslator the carby cooks underneath boiling the fuel in the bowls!! Even with a phenolic spacer. I had such troubles with hot statrs due to flooding the intake caused by heat.
northiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech