XE19**** Block. NIB! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 04:06   #1 (permalink)
under thumb

XE19**** Block. NIB!

A mate of mine informed me of an XE block BRAND NEW still in ford box!

How much would you expect to pay for it?

Ive talked him out of it as he is going to build a blown stroker with EFI and all the fruit and ive suggested a 9.2/2.75 main dart block to start his build.
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2005, 13:53   #2 (permalink)
CLEVO KID

Re: XE19**** Block. NIB!

Sounds to good to be true?,- hard enough to find an XE192540 nascar,but a new one great find got one myself but shes had a couple of rebores.
should be able to handle what your mate is doing no problems! especially being a Virgin,its worth as much as some one wants to pay for it.
You Still have to do oil mods etc,Pay to check bore thickness like all clevos they can vary alot,But If shes a good one its a vast improvement than stock.
potty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 14:08   #3 (permalink)
under thumb

Apparently they are asking 3.5k for it!! In my mind at that price I would rather go aftermarket and get a stronger block without the inherent oiling probs we can suffer with our beloved cleve.

He will go 9.2 deck so his tunnelram/blower setup that he has $$in can still be used.
Old 12-24-2005, 17:30   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmtjoe
In my mind at that price I would rather go aftermarket and get a stronger block without the inherent oiling probs we can suffer with our beloved cleve.

ed.
sorry off topic but on this point ,what are the oiling problems with clevelands? new to them. as i understand it they keep too much oil up high in the heads and valley and it doesnt return to sump quick enough? is this an issue on a street engine or more so for racing.
mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 01:12   #5 (permalink)
CLEVO KID

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang70
sorry off topic but on this point ,what are the oiling problems with clevelands? new to them. as i understand it they keep too much oil up high in the heads and valley and it doesnt return to sump quick enough? is this an issue on a street engine or more so for racing.
The standard Cleveland oil circuitry design is guilty of feeding the top end first, Before the crank. Thanks to a unique three way oil gallery junction , The right hand lifter gallery is the first source of oil loss, Which isn't a very desireable trait with a serious performance / Race engine ,They Rev alot harder and require the opposite -[fed Crank before top end]The common remedy is to brass sleeve the right hand lifter bores that limit oil flow.Plus a retrictor plug kit is fitted to the oil gallerys that control oil to cam bearings and up wards.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:26   #6 (permalink)
CLEVO KID

Question Re: XE19**** Block. NIB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyfmtjoe
Apparently they are asking 3.5k for it!! In my mind at that price I would rather go aftermarket and get a stronger block without the inherent oiling probs we can suffer with our beloved cleve.

He will go 9.2 deck so his tunnelram/blower setup that he has $$in can still be used.
Yeh for that sort of money you might as well go with the dart windsor style block.When will some company other than [Fontana]came up with a clevo block that has a solid bottom end like the XE Nascar block ,but with Sleeved siemesed bores and a race oil system? Clevo fans are crying out for such a block ,Will it ever happen?
Old 12-26-2005, 03:16   #7 (permalink)
under thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by potty
Yeh for that sort of money you might as well go with the dart windsor style block.When will some company other than [Fontana]came up with a clevo block that has a solid bottom end like the XE Nascar block ,but with Sleeved siemesed bores and a race oil system? Clevo fans are crying out for such a block ,Will it ever happen?
I doubt it unless we all put in a few grand each and did it our self's! Unfortunately the US aftermarket have poured about 30+ years into the wheezer stuff and you know the old adage "supply V demand" as the US only had the mighty cleve for 4yrs not inc the M stuff.

But hey we can all wish for a mains priority oiling 9.2 deck 4-4.2 capable bore all cleve apearance block on special for $999! As I say WISH
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech