Xw-427chi-Any updates on its latest visit to calder? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2007, 17:22   #1 (permalink)

Xw-427chi-Any updates on its latest visit to calder?

Hi guys,
Since i've been banned for expressing my opinions and qustioning the "Chi alloy- heads" in general on the .com.au site,does any one know what the 427chi-xw ran at calder last nite??
Regards
no1gxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2007, 21:05   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xw-427chi-Any updates on its latest visit to calder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1gxl
Hi guys,
Since i've been banned for expressing my opinions and qustioning the "Chi alloy- heads" in general on the .com.au site,does any one know what the 427chi-xw ran at calder last nite??
Regards
There is whole thread on it on that other forum, about a few problems it had last nite.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 23:42   #3 (permalink)

What the forum im banned from..? thats my point i cant get on to see....
Old 01-13-2007, 04:15   #4 (permalink)

10.2@125 with fuel issues.It's destined for nines IMHO.
69XW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 15:37   #5 (permalink)

Still having issues?Regardless,its a hell of a way off 730-740hp as claimed ,can a slight fuel issue claim so much yet still run strong most of the track??If thats running 10.20's at 125 and theres over 130 hp missing then this thing should run 9.40-9.50's...!!They have to find 10-12mph to back that sort of "dyno claimed hp!!"...That's how a vehicles "hp efforts" should be judged out on the track.Particularly with all the hype surrounding this 427's dyno figures that all Chi customers get so excited over..!! "My opinion" is the main reason the motor noses off is due to the cyl-heads not breathing enough.."As they sit"(mild bowl work only) on those cubes,they are too small.Surely thats been raised as a "possibe concern" amongst the people involved...But i suppose if it runs 9's (which is what people only want to talk about!!)with moderate mph, every will boasting it runs 9's and not really mention trap speed,,coz a 9sec pass sounds good regardless...
Hope i wont be omitted from this site as well for my views... :)
Old 01-13-2007, 15:49   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Still having issues?Regardless,its a hell of a way off 730-740hp as claimed ,they have to find 10-12mph to back that up...That's how a vehicles "hp efforts" should be judged out on the track.Particularly with all the hype surrounding this 427's dyno figures..."My opinion" is the main reason the motor noses off is due to the cyl-heads not breathing enough.."As they sit"(mild bowl work only) on those cubes,they are too small.surely thats been raised as a "possibe concern" amongst the people involved...
Well, i cant see the head casuing the lower mph. Other 570-590 hp motors are running that mph, but 1 second slower. And it did make the power on the dyno, so you can only assume once sorted, it should run the numbers. But you're right, untill it happens, people will and have the right to doubt.
It did run 129 mph on one pass i read as well.
Old 01-13-2007, 16:27   #7 (permalink)

Yes id did run 129mph,that motor dont have 730+,regardless of what that dyno said,Torque is going a long way pulling this thing up the track !!Plenty of dynoes out there that hand out handsome numbers ,i see the dyno in this particular case as strictly a tuning tool rather than a guage on output ...
Old 01-13-2007, 17:00   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
i see the dyno in this particular case as strictly a tuning tool rather than a guage on output ...
Dont get me wrong, i have never had much faith in dynos, but the only experiances i have had are with chassis dynos, and i can just make 300 hp at the treads. I am the other way around where it is probably reading low, but i dont really care as i'm ONLY concerned how it actually works on the street/strip.

Quote:
They have to find 10-12mph to back that sort of "dyno claimed hp!!"...That's how a vehicles "hp efforts" should be judged out on the track.
And it has done the extra 12 mph, so it must be getting close to matching times with the HP reading.
Old 01-13-2007, 17:41   #9 (permalink)

where has it done it xdclevo? The hp they claim it should run in a 3500-pound car 136-7mph..
Old 01-13-2007, 18:06   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, 137mph at Heathcoat.
Low 10s with traction loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Cleveland Tech